carat
color
clarity

Please help with two issues...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have been thinking of buying another gold necklace--an estate Tiffany necklace or something new. Of course I kick myself for NOT buying that vintage Cartier multistrand beaded necklace last year from Oakgem, but that is another story.

1) I have been looking at a 24K piece for app. 3 months. I am fortunate in my indecision as there are vendors locally who do sell with the fluctuating prices and are not locked into what they paid in past and therefore I will save compared if I had purchased when I first began looking. My goal is a 24K, 6mm yellow gold beaded necklace, like the one Tiffany sells (theirs is 18K). My problem is length.

While I wear necklaces of all length I have found one, ready made, that is 24 inches. Perfect. Well, not quite--as I do want the flexibility of wearing it shorter. Thing is, how to I amend this long necklace, so I can wear it shorter? If I ADD a loop inbetween the beads at 16 or 17 inches, it will disrupt the flow of the necklace--and you will be able to really see the round loop between the beads and when I wear it at 24 inches...between the clasp and the at the back of my neck will be app. 7 inches, and you will see that loop somewhere by my shoulder.

The alternate is to solder a small loop right ON one of the beads so the clasp can slip in. KWIM? Not between the beads but on the bead, to the side

Am I asking for too much here--would both look silly and should I jsut choose a set length? Problem is, I cannot. Any other solutions?

2) Here is my other problem:

http://www.betteridge.com/tiffany-elsa-peretti-18k-gold-multi-chain-collar-necklace/p/7189/

How is this for style? Dated, especially the bean? Or is it timeless? Personally I adore it, but but but.....

Tell me all that is fit to print. :))

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can't help you with #1.
re #2: the bean is dated.....the rest of the necklace is not. it may wane a bit re fashion taste over time but imo it will never be outdated.
ditch the bean and make it yours!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I agree the bean dates the necklace--but it is also what makes it unique and PP for Tiffany. Since I don't want to amend it, I think I will skip it.

I was thinking that perhaps a pearl clasp might be the solution I need to question #1--now off to Kojima or PP to look!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm...the multi strand is like mesh. I love mesh. I love Elsa Peretti mesh. I bet it would look fabulous on you. I agree with MZ that the bean is dated, but when Tiffany jewelry becomes dated it just gets better and better! If you don't like it, just put it under your hair. But it will probably only make the necklace look classier.

As I have posted, I have about five pairs of Elsa Peretti gold mesh earrings and have her bracelet on my wishlist. As you may recall, I have a very long custom-made gold mesh scarf from Italy, so I am not looking for a necklace, but I also have a gold mesh bracelet. I don't know what I would do with a second one if I could ever afford the one by Elsa Peretti!

I would think you should go for it and post neck shots!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Deb:

Your mesh collection is impossible to forget! While looking online, I recently saw an EP/Tiffany mesh bracelet at an Estate vendor, but cannot recall who...but that would be easy to find.

I think the nekclace would be very nice--I could put the bean at the back for sure. My hair is short, but at the back it would just look like another clasp.

I really like the 24K beads--I cannot get them out of my head--and with a pearl shortener, I think that might solve my length issue.

Any suggestions where I might find a nice shortener? Pearl paradise has a plain gold one...I might like that and an alternative with some sparkle.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, wear it behind the neck.....or replace it with a pearl!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1366564572|3431683 said:
Mmmm...the multi strand is like mesh. I love mesh. I love Elsa Peretti mesh. I bet it would look fabulous on you. I agree with MZ that the bean is dated, but when Tiffany jewelry becomes dated it just gets better and better! If you don't like it, just put it under your hair. But it will probably only make the necklace look classier.

As I have posted, I have about five pairs of Elsa Peretti gold mesh earrings and have her bracelet on my wishlist. As you may recall, I have a very long custom-made gold mesh scarf from Italy, so I am not looking for a necklace, but I also have a gold mesh bracelet. I don't know what I would do with a second one if I could ever afford the one by Elsa Peretti!

I would think you should go for it and post neck shots!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

HI Deb: :wavey:

Here is the bracelet I saw....

http://www.doverjewelry.com/all-products/product/10898-tiffany-co-elsa-peretti-18k-gold-mesh-bracelet

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results