shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with Lightscope image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
I am really trying to learn about all these beautiful diamonds and one thing I''m struggling with (even after reading the tutorial!) is the lightscope and what I should be looking for. I''ve attached the lightscope images for two rings I''m considering and I''m hoping that some of you can help me understand why one of these might be ''better'' than the other and what I should be watching for.

Thanks so much!!

lightone.jpg

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
and number two...

lighttwo.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both kicken.
The first is cut for contrast the second for edge to edge brightness.I slightly prefere the first but the difference would subtle but noticeable if one knew what to look for.
basicaly its a tie.
Whats the rest of the info?

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
Strmrdr, the two rings are these ones:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_868ct_g_vvs1_h%26a.htm
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_551ct_e_vs2_h%26a.htm

I''ve been browsing the GOG and Whiteflash inventory trying to find one in the 1.5-1.9 ct range (VVS1-VS2, E-G or possibly H) with great Bscope, Lscope, HCA and these two stood out (to me).

Unfortunately, Tim just emailed me a few mins ago and indicated the 1.868 is sold!! That was the one I was leaning towards! Now I will have to keep watching and hopefully some new inventory will stand out!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea that 1.868 is sweet.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you looked into this one?
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_79ct_h_vs2_h%26a.htm

b-scope isnt available yet but Tim could likely tell you what it scored.
Its one of my favorite combos.
34.2/41 and tight.

edit: when the pavilion hits 41 you need to look at whats in the averages and the crown angle, be carefull not all diamonds with that combo are kicken.
If they stray beyond 41 too far with low 34's crown you can get some leakage.
That one doesnt according to the helium scan and lightscope.

40.99 41.03 41.01 40.99 40.89 40.88 40.86 40.96 are the pavilion facets angles according to the helium scan with an average of 40.95.
The less accurate sarin gives a rounded average of 41

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
I saw that one (and Tim recommended it also!) and my concern was that it was perhaps a little deep, although I am by no means an expert at determining that and I was basically just comparing it to other specs I''d seen online. It may definitely be worth a closer look!

Thanks again!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2005 4:13:07 PM
Author: jdhunter
I saw that one (and Tim recommended it also!) and my concern was that it was perhaps a little deep, although I am by no means an expert at determining that and I was basically just comparing it to other specs I''d seen online. It may definitely be worth a closer look!

Thanks again!

The girdle is a little plump but not too bad and its in the acceptable range otherwise everything looks kicken to me.
In some ring designs where the diamond is in the open I slightly prefere little thicker girdles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results