shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help rate these two idealscope images

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

calbear92

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I have some diamonds from WF coming in for a pair of earrings. I think the following idealscope images look good, but then I was looking at the ideal-scope.com site and started to wonder if maybe I was/wasn''t seeing the right things. What is your take on these? Here are the stats:

AGS/ACA 0.378ct G VS2 60.1% depth, 56.7% table, 34.6 crown, 40.7 pavillion, ID/ID, 4.70-4.72x2.83
AGS/ACA 0.383ct G VS2 60.8% depth, 55.0% table, 34.7 crown, 40.7 pavillion, ID/ID, 4.70-4.74x2.87

0.378 Stone: (not sure the photograph is in focus below...)
/images/site/d_lost.jpg

0.383 stone:
/images/site/d_lost.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ya done good
congrates!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think they look great!
emthup.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the second photo better, it appears to be in slightly sharper focus and there is not such a pink cast in the "white" around the stone...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 1:34:49 PM
Author: Wink
I like the second photo better, it appears to be in slightly sharper focus and there is not such a pink cast in the ''white'' around the stone...
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Those IS pics show diamonds that are going to knock your socks off. Great choice.

shay

calbear92

Rough_Rock
36.gif
Awesome!! Thank you all! I can''t wait to see them!
36.gif

calbear92

Rough_Rock
Pay-off time! I got the photos from WF yesterday and the studs themselves in the afternoon! Very nice fire. Thought I''d post the photo and thank again for the advice. Now I have to wait a few weeks though for the date to give them to her... argh -- sitting on these just half a day is already killing me!
19.gif

WF_earrings.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gosh they look gorgeous! She is going to LOVE them!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! She truly will love them, they''re going to be firecrackers. If she doesn''t, I can give you my address.
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 12:11:43 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Gorgeous! She truly will love them, they''re going to be firecrackers. If she doesn''t, I can give you my address.
2.gif
DITTO!!!! lOVE THEM.

shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 11:44:59 AM
Author: calbear92
Pay-off time! I got the photos from WF yesterday and the studs themselves in the afternoon! Very nice fire. Thought I''d post the photo and thank again for the advice. Now I have to wait a few weeks though for the date to give them to her... argh -- sitting on these just half a day is already killing me!
19.gif
Aww arent you sweet! She is going to love them! Congrats!
36.gif

calbear92

Rough_Rock
Author: FireGoddess
"Gorgeous! She truly will love them, they're going to be firecrackers. If she doesn't, I can give you my address."

LOL -- I'll let you all know in a couple weeks. This is for her birthday and our 1 year wedding anniversary...
30.gif

It's funny -- they are very sparkly, but I guess I'm a little disappointed in a way. Not because there's anything wrong with these stones -- by no means! But I guess after looking at all the IS, H&A, and magnification photos over the past few weeks, I lost track that these stones are 0.38ct, and not the size of her 1.44ct e-ring stone. With that size, it's just that much more surface area for it to go absolutely crazy with fire. It's just a different experience -- one that mesmerizes me.
26.gif

In summary, I guess what that all means is that sometime in the future, I'll just have her move up to something in the .65-.75ct range. That means searching around and looking at lots of stones again. What a shame!
10.gif
I'm sure she'll be devastated too...
9.gif

And I think the good lesson in all this is the benefit of getting the WF with upgradeability. I get a G-color which is "mind-clean" for me b/c I am very color sensitive (the Ready-set-to-go stones are I, and I'd see that), and I get to upgrade them later when I can spend some more money and give her the excitement of a new pair. Going this route was the recommendation I got from a few folks here, and now I really see the advantage -- thank you!!

But a question: Frankly, having looked at the stones in person, my sense is also that at this size, ACA is probably not as much of an advantage over a good ES. It's just too small to truly appreciate the H&A visually, and the performance from the ES is probably pretty close, yes? But as I move up into the .65-.75ct stone range, at what point is there a fire/scintillation performance difference in ACA over ES? And would the H&A be more appreciable visibly? Or is the difference really more of a "mind-clean" concept assuming you've found a good cut (HCA 0.9 - 1.3)?

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
And perhaps I can give you my boyfriends phone number so you can give him some romantic pointers. These are gorgeous!

36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results