shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help Ratchet Come Home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for a couple of years now, and I am normally very shy, which is why I don't post. However, after reading this article, I thought that I should post it, as I know most of you feel very strongly about pets and pet ownership, so I hope you could please sign this petition. I have three dogs of my own, all rescued from the street, and I feel so strongly about this, and I have a feeling you all will too. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27175042/?GT1=43001

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I just heard about this today, and I think it''s really sad. I''m not sure of all the reasons for not allowing the dog to come to the US, but it''s sad no matter what. Sorry if I missed it, but was there a link to sign the petition?

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I have signed it, but to give you hope, I just wanted to post that sometimes it does happen
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-07-13-cat-iraq_x.htm

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 8:55:58 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I have signed it, but to give you hope, I just wanted to post that sometimes it does happen
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-07-13-cat-iraq_x.htm
Thanks brazen, I really hope this is one of those cases. After all these two have been through, I wish that they could stay together. Hopefully that will become a reality!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strawberry, I signed it...

Thanks for posting.

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 9:04:59 PM
Author: claudinam
Strawberry, I signed it...

Thanks for posting.
Thank you for signing it!
5.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Signed! He''s so cute...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I signed it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
done.

movie zombie

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much shimmer, Kaleigh, Macie and movie zombie! Animals are definitely one of my passions and this story just broke my heart. Thank you for taking the time to sign this and hopefully getting him one step closer to home! Thank you all!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I teared up reading about Ratchet.

I signed, and forwarded on to several people.

Thanks for the post!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Signed!
If Orlando Bloom can just pick up dogs anywhere he wants overseas, then so can soldiers. LOL.

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
LOL Monkeypie! Thank you and thanks Elle for signing it too! This story absolutely hurt my heart. But, I was around the 4000th person to sign, and since yesterday, another 41,000 people signed this!!!! Obviously the article has caught some deserved attention and Ratchet will be one step closer to being sent here! Thanks everyone who signed!!!!!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the link! I''ve signed it now too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets keep this thread bumped over the next couple of days so that all the animal loving PSers both members and those who just read will get the chance to sign it.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting this. I signed and am forwarding the link onto my animal loving friends.

To think they would take away a dog who has been a support system to someone unselfishly serving our country is heartbreaking for me. I hate being away from my animals for even a night!

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sabine, Lorelei and Keepingthefaith, and thank you for forwarding this to your friends! Lorelei, that is a great idea! I still hope many others read the article and sign the petition to draw as much attention as possible!

Date: 10/15/2008 6:15:53 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Thank you for posting this. I signed and am forwarding the link onto my animal loving friends.

To think they would take away a dog who has been a support system to someone unselfishly serving our country is heartbreaking for me. I hate being away from my animals for even a night!
I completely agree with you. As much as they do for us, they should absolutely bring them home with them! I am the same way with my furbabies. I know how strong the bond is once you adopt an animal, I couldn''t imagine leaving them behind in a different country, not knowing what was going to happen to them. I''ve read more articles on this topic, and it seems to happen more than a person would think. Hopefully this story will shine a light on this issue in general. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN EVERYONE!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I signed it as well as forwarded it on to the people in my address book.

I fully support your cause.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The amount of signatures are growing rapidly!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Signed.

When I was looking at the site, it said that Ratchet had been given clearance to leave, but not in time to make the flight yesterday, so now they''re going back to get him on Sunday.

Let''s all send what dust and thoughts we can that he stays safe and makes his flight home!

StrawberryDelight8

Rough_Rock
Thank you Alexis, Lorelei and princesss! I just read the article and teared up immediately!!!! Ratchet should be reunited with Sgt. Beberg very soon! http://www.twincities.com/ci_10730833?source=most_emailed
I am so excited to hear this! It''s great to know that there are organizations and so many people standing behind this cause! Thank you every one for signing and passing it on! Your sincerity has brought happy tears to my eyes all over again! Thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news that he is free to go! I shall be keeping an eye out for even better news that Ratchet has made it to safety in the States!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you to StrawberryDelight for bringing Ratchet''s plight to our attention, there are many animal lovers here whom I know will have welcomed the opportunity to help this cause.

To all who have signed the petition and who do what they can to help animals in need - THANK YOU
emrose.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Signed it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets hope Ratchet will soon be safely on a plane heading to the States! Almost 60 thousand signatures now!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets hope tomorrow Ratchet is on a plane out of Baghdad!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is the day, I will be keeping my eyes out for news that Ratchet is on a plane heading to the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results