shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help... problem with setting... need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kateh

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I''m hoping you can help. We purchased the stone back in june and were originally told 3 weeks to set it. Well, they finally sent me pics of the setting shot and it''s totally wrong. It''s pretty much everything I told them I didn''t want. I''m sure it was just miscommunication, but it still stinks. So back to the drawing board we go.

How long did it take for your ring to be set? They are telling me 4 more weeks from now to make a new setting. At this point, I''d really like to have my ring set by someone else. If I''m going to have to wait a while... I''d love to have the stone set by Leon. How does that work when you are getting the stone set somewhere different than where you bought it?

Please help.... I feel so bad for my BF, and I''m almost in tears. This is so frustrating. He wanted to propose on July 4th or next week (our anniversary) and now he has to figure something else out.

s95

Shiny_Rock
I had WF set my diamond that I got from DCD. I had to send the diamond via registered, insured mail and then their independent appraiser looked at the diamond right when it got there to make sure that it was undamaged and the correct stone. That was the only part I didn''t like--takes awhile and it nervewracking.

They set it in about 7-10 days and then shipped it back to me.

One thing I''ve seen on this board is that you have to make sure that the person you want to set your stone will set stones not purchased from them, which I believe Leon Mege does. If you are local, then it seems like your delivery issues wouldn''t be as much of an issue, but perhaps you might still have to wait awhile since a lot of people use him for custom settings. I guess you''d just have to call and ask about that part.

Sorry you''re having to wait so long. That''s so hard!
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I know Leon doesn''t sell stones, he can source sidestones etc. but doesn''t stock larger diamonds. So, sending/taking your diamond to him is standard. i think his normal turnover time is 4-8 weeks but you can call him yourself. I do recommend calling first thing in the morning, everytime I did this, he normally answered the phone and was able to answer my question right away. Email communication with him is always hit or miss.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kateh,

I''m sorry that you are having such a hard time. Someone told me that finding the setting is harder then the stone. I just shipped my stone off the Leon Mege after a lot of debate. Basically I wrote him an email with what I wanted, and I asked for a price quote. He responded and then I phoned him for shipping instructions. When my stone arrived, I arranged for private insurance (If Leon chips the stone while he is setting it, you have to take on the cost) and then sent via fedex. I called him yesturday and my stone had arrived safetly. He told me that my setting would be done in 6-8 weeks. However, I expect it will be a while before he even sends me a drawing of my setting (he works by hand) as I suspect he is rather busy.

Leon has no problem setting the stone he told another that his bread and butter was designing and NOT selling stones, and he couldn''t care less where you bought your stone. I think having your stone set bu Leon would be wonderful if you are willing to put yourself in his hands, I personally trust his design sense completely. My only comment, would be that the setting was rather expensive, mush more then I thought so, but if I feel it will be worth the wait and the cost.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results