shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help!!! Need expert opinions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t find the carat weight. I''m assuming that it''s just over a carat or just at a carat. The HCA gave that stone a 1.2 Excellent within TIC range. It received a VG for light return and EXs for fire through spread. It''s not a stone I would buy sight unseen. You just want to check for a little darker look with the head obstruction issue. Is this for a ring? If so, I would definitely want to see it first. I wouldn''t say no, but I wouldn''t just click on the shopping cart blindly with this one either. HTH

shay

jmoney81

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is for a ring. I am actually going to see it today at 6 pm. Any advice or precautions of what I should be looking for are greatly appreciated.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Look at this diamond in all lighting environments. The numbers are not bad per se, just not my favorites. Make sure to note whether it looks a little grayer if that makes any sense rather than bright bright white. Ask to see it next to a diamond with perhaps a 40.8 pav. angle with a 34.4 crown angle.(somewhere in that neighborhood) If you can''t tell the dif. between the two, buy the cheaper one.
9.gif

shay

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask for a copy of the AGS-report. And give us the proportions that are mentioned on there.

At the same time, check if it is a DQD with a grade on light performance, or only a DQR.

Live long,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside the stats, I''d want to know if whatever makes this ''SI'' is visible or not.

Otherwise, like the stats (I am perhaps more of a fan of the HCA than most). And this time, AGS''s nod for the proportions leaves little for the imagination (if anything).

It sounds like we aren''t going to see H&A, IdealScope or Aset pictures of this. Hope you will like what you see.

I would be curious to see their ''light return'' rating on the AGS report (present on the recent reports - starting last August if I am not mistaking) - just curious.

Just a 2c thought...
38.gif

jmoney81

Rough_Rock
The jeweler also lists this stone as H&A. Can that be right with the relatively shallow shallow cut?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now, I realize. This is probably indeed an AGS-DQD, but one of the old type, based upon the proportions, not on the light performance.

I was confused, since the measurements of the Megascope would lead to an AGS-4 (according to the AGS cutting-guidelines), and therefore, I thought something was wrong with the Megascope-data.

With an old-type DQD, of course, the Megascope-data would be correct.

But do you want an AGS-0 which, according to the new system would be an AGS-4?

Live long,

jmoney81

Rough_Rock
Thanks for clarifying and the additional info. You have definitely given me a lot to discuss when I head to the jewelers today. I didnt plan on buying anyways...I was viewing this as more of a first hand learning session. I''ve learned a lot about diamonds and their stats over the past view months. Now I need to learn how to apply that data and actually see the difference. I have also been looking at Whiteflash''s "a cut above" hearts and arrows collection. Any opinion there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results