shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE Help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I really need some advice.

We are shopping for engagement rings and I think that I have found the one. Only insight on this diamond would be EXTREMELY helpful. We are on a limited budget, but I still want something obnoxious.

Cut: Princess
Clarity: VS2
Color: J
Carat: 1.39
Measurements: 6.08-5.60-4.62
Depth: 82.5
Table: 72
Crown height: 14%
Pavillion: 62%
Girdle: Thick, Polished
Polish, Symmetry: good
Flourescence: none

Please please.. any advice would be apreciated!!!

Thanks
33.gif
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's been a while since any piece THAT DEEP came up around here. A bit more and it would qualify to be called "briolette" !
23.gif

Does it hurt ? Well... the stone does appear smaller by diameter and it would be worth checking if this was factored into the price allready (it happens).

34.gif
Actually, that size (see diameter average for a quick comparison) is expected for a 1 carat (like this or this & there are many at other sellers too, just looked at one) and that should come around 3k.

If brilliance was also reduced by the unusual proportions is yet another Q - no idea. Perhaps a model of this piece (Diam Calc anyone ?) might help, but an image and/or Ideal Scope photo of the read thing would be allot better.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
That princess is cut pretty deep and it will make the stone look smaller than it is. So, why not buy a smaller, better cut diamond that faces up the same size and save some money. I think I''d keep looking unless that diamond is the deal of the century. I found a same colored and clarity, 1.29 that faced up bigger for around $3900 when I did a search.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mine!! i''m going to post rockdoc''s response to your other post here in case you didn''t see it.

Hi Mine

Welcome to PS

It appears that the stone is an Asscher or a Princess shape.

A 72% table could be slightly large, and the 82% depth is probably way to deep.

Weight that is in the belly of the stone. along with a thick girdle can take up 2/3rd''s of the stones weight.
This means the face up appearance may appear smaller than a stone that has more crown height and smaller pavilion depth.
You should ask for the crown height and pavilion depth as well as girdle thickness too.
Provide more info about this purchase, but with fancy shapes to really be accurate the stone should be seen by an unrelated, indepentdent professional who can advise you properly.

Also find out WHO graded this stone. Is this the seller''s grading, or is it from GIA or AGS?

Rockdoc

consumersgemlab.com

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Thanks

How would i know what a good depth would be for a 1.20-1.30 C? i have read everything but, apparently, i am still confused.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The carat weight doesn''t affect what depth the diamond should be. There''s a good tutorial here on PS about princess cuts. Here''s the link to the princess cut class chart. it will help you some. There''s also good reading at the Good Old Gold website.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- you still want somethng obnoxious! LOL That stone is way deep and will look way small I bet...

OK, if you want my take...what *I* would look for...which is no guarantee...at all...but it''s a start for the ordinary consumer (like me) out there trying to find a decent stone... and assume there is no sarin, lightscope, etc.

I''d check out any princess stones that were between 65 -72 (MAYBE 73) depth....my personal pref b/c I want the biggest bang for my buck...Then I''d see what the table is in relation to the depth is...is it a 65 depth and 73 table? Hmmm, I''d probably pass...is it s 72 depth, 70 table...HMMM, interesting! That is no guarantee..but you''re getting warm. And 82 depth is really out there. Unless the vendor can give me a sarin to show my which portion of the girdle we''re talking about, I''d pass on any Xthin or V Thin girdle...If I liked a stone, a Vthick girdle might make the stone look a bit smaller but I''m ok with it. Unless you have a lightscope or sarin then I''d look at the profile of the stone- flat as a pancake? If you''re talking about a 65 depth and 73 table...well, chances are it''s flat...you have a better chance of getting a higher crown height (which alone doesn''t guarantee anything either)...but it''s a step in the right direction!

And yeah, and my best piece of advice- don''t deal with a vendor who wants to sell you a 82 depth, 72 table princess.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Ok.. How about this.

Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Carat: 1.12
Crown: 10%
Depth 71.7
Table: 72
Pavillion: 58%
Polish: Very Good
Symm: Good

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
much better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results