shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me identify this symbol.

LilyGirl

Rough_Rock
This is a 14K vintage ring and I can't find what this symbol is for. I've done reverse image searches, descriptive google searches, looked on fraternal organization sites like the Masons, and I still can't find anything like it. The closest I came was to a university but it wasn't the same, I think it had a U instead of a ladder. Any other suggestions are appreciated and I'll continue the search.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• unknown ring .jpg
    unknown ring .jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 6

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hello, what a pretty ring.
In my opinion, this is simply a monogram of SH (or HS) and not a symbol. The engraving style is common to the 1900-1920 time period. What is unusual about it is the two-initial monogram instead of 3-initial. However, some people simply do not have middle names (as I don't, for example) and would still enjoy wearing their monogram on a ring.

Enjoy!

LilyGirl

Rough_Rock
In my opinion, this is simply a monogram of SH (or HS) and not a symbol. The engraving style is common to the 1900-1920 time period. What is unusual about it is the two-initial monogram instead of 3-initial. However, some people simply do not have middle names (as I don't, for example) and would still enjoy wearing their monogram on a ring.

Enjoy!

Okay, interesting! The thing is I have two of them. They are both gold but the other has a little different shape, still flat though. Thanks for the feedback!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool! It looks like the “letters” are reversed because one would press this into a blob of wax to seal envelopes or use as a ”signature”. Is there anything stamped on the inside (or outside) of the shank?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, and pics of the second ring :)

LilyGirl

Rough_Rock
So cool! It looks like the “letters” are reversed because one would press this into a blob of wax to seal envelopes or use as a ”signature”. Is there anything stamped on the inside (or outside) of the shank?

Nothing inside, in fact there isn't a 14K stamp, but we tested it so it is 14K. Yes a seal is an interesting thought!

Oooh that makes more sense. I thought it was a snake and a ladder! :lol:

LilyGirl

Rough_Rock
Oooh that makes more sense. I thought it was a snake and a ladder! :lol:

Me too, and I googled all the ways to put that in a search, but often get either something about a game if I use snake and ladder, or nothing like it if I use serpent, or double headed snake gets info about symbolism.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enjoy!

I had the same thought when I opened this post. Definitely looks like a monogram to me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results