shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me....Grandmother ring for my mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
I am trying to find a classy grandmother''s ring for my mom''s 50th birthday in June (she has mentiones many times that she wants one). I have been searching the internet--but to no avail--all of the rings I have found look cheap. Does anyone know where I can start looking for such a ring? Or who I can contact to source small stones for the ring? My mom has 5 granchildren....so the stones can''t be huge. Or maybe you know of a website with unique, great-looking rings with colored stones....????

I REALLY appreciate any help!!!!

These are the stones that will be in the ring:
Peridot
Emerald
Sapphire
Citrine

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping someone will chime in and be able to name a site that sells birthstone rings to order, because I forsee problems going the custom route.

The biggest problem I forsee with this project is size of stone. 5 stones all in one ring determine that individually, they can''t be very large. This is likely to be a problem in locating peridot and citrine. I''ve just had a quick scout about for small peridot and so far have come up blank. Admittedly I haven''t searched for very long for you (I''ll keep going).

One possibility is that you buy a pair of stones in the case of citrine and peridot. Pairs cut for earrings tend to be smaller.

No problems finding small emeralds and sapphires. These are very expensive compared with peridot and citrine. Which of course begs the question of budget. What do you plan on spending to put this together. Having some idea will determine if this can be done or not.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try Michael E ( [email protected]) since he cuts stones and makes jewelery, which would probably help with the budget. And it would be nice I think to have one person putting together the components if possible.

This website has a lot of birthstone jewelery designs, but I don''t think they use natural gemstones. It''s good for ideas though I think. Limoges

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 7:01:28 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I would try Michael E ( [email protected]) since he cuts stones and makes jewelery, which would probably help with the budget. And it would be nice I think to have one person putting together the components if possible.

This website has a lot of birthstone jewelery designs, but I don''t think they use natural gemstones. It''s good for ideas though I think. Limoges
Excellent reccomendation. Way to go MTG!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, while it''s true that peridot and citrine single stones are usually cut in larger sizes, calibrated ones could probably be found smaller. Looking into pairs is a good suggestion though, cause even if you don''t need two of them, you can always use the second one for another project.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions. I took a look at Michael E''s website--I''m very excited that his workshop is fairly close to where I live. As for the suggestion that I buy the citrine and peridot in pairs--those are my kids'' birthstones--so I guess I''m making a mother''s ring at the same time!
emwink.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 1:57:04 PM
Author: hmr_mama
Thank you for the suggestions. I took a look at Michael E''s website--I''m very excited that his workshop is fairly close to where I live. As for the suggestion that I buy the citrine and peridot in pairs--those are my kids'' birthstones--so I guess I''m making a mother''s ring at the same time!
emwink.gif
Why don''t you report back after you''ve spoken with Michael. If you still need help sourcing stones, I will be happy to help you.

I think the idea of two rings is a great idea.

Good luck with your project.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
You came to the right place..cheap looking rings are a no-no here..i would also recommend Michael..have heard very good things about the work

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure Michael E can do a much better job for you, but it might be fun to play with the visuals of the ring on this site too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results