shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me finding ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

findingering

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

I''ve been looking for a perfect ering for my GF and found this great forum. =)
Can you please help me finding the perfect ering for my GF.
I''m looking to spend around $5000-$6500 (including setting).

The diamond should be:
- round
- more than 0.9ct
- color: H or better
- clarity: VS2 or better (or should i go to S1??)

I did some search on WF and found some:
- http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-292601.htm
- http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-283310.htm
- http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-283332.htm

Should i go with ACA? or ES round is good too?

Thank you in advance for your help. =)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all of those stones look amazing.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

findingering

Rough_Rock

Thank you neatfreak and julien. =)

If the clarity is SI1, i should ask if the diamond is eyeclean, right?
Do you think it is better to go to VS2, but smaller diamond?

How big the difference (in terms of size) between 0.8ct and 1ct? My GF ring size is either 4 or 4.5 (i think).

Thanks again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS.

ES are often diamonds which missed the ACA title by a whisker, so if you can find what you are looking for size and colourwise etc, these can be a great pick. Also many SI clarities are eyeclean, particularly SI1, you just need to check with your vendor, WF are very experienced at this and getting on the same page with their clients to describe each diamond's level of eyecleanliness! Generally, .80 will measure about 6mm, a full carat about 6.5mm, often this difference is noticeable. With the calibre of cut diamonds you are considering there is no need to factor in hidden weights which can make the above diamonds be exceptions to this, such as excessive depths, shallow depths, overly thick girdles etc, each should face up to the correct regions of face up size.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Go with the ACA diamond.....it will face up like a 1 carat stone, in fact if you dont tell anyone that it is a .90, then they will never know. And yes, ask if the stone is eye clean.

MWG

findingering

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your comment. =)

I have not decided on which one to choose.
5.gif

Is ACA H&A really worth it compare to ES?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want "mind perfection" go with the ACA. If you want the best for your money, ES is the way to go. Unless you have all the scopes and tools, you can''t tell the difference with the naked eye.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
SI is probably fine if you ask if it''s eye clean. No, I don''t think it''s worth it to loose size and get a VS2.

As far as getting an ACA or an ES goes...it really depends on the ES. Some are practically identical to an ACA, while others are not as cherry as ACA''s. It''s probably worth it to get the ACA. I have some (in my avatar) and they are really incredible!!!

You''ve done your homework, and the stones you are thinking of are gorgeous.

What type of settings do you think she would like. The one that neatfreak suggested is pretty by the way.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
The options you chose are very nice. Looking fresh...I cherry picked this one. Getting it with the wg legato just gets by under the wire. But, I read here SI 1 is usually fine. Asking is good, but WF probably has you covered with them.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
*Cringe*

I am SO not the cool kid right now...

what does this mean "not as cherry as..."

33.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 5:04:15 PM
Author: mela lu
*Cringe*

I am SO not the cool kid right now...

what does this mean ''not as cherry as...''

33.gif
In this case, I don''t think it''s a concern. These particular ES stones look very nice. Ocassionally and ES stone will have a small symmetry issue or something alone those lines that''s not as "cherry picked'' (i.e. as perfect) as an ACA. However, for the two ES stones you are considering, this isn''t an issue...they are fantastic and you can save a little money with them being ES stones instead of ACA stones.

griffiam

Rough_Rock
You may already know this (and I''m sure others are more familiar than I), but I believe that WF offers a discount to PSers. I would certainly ask. And I know that this doesn''t help you make your decision, but I don''t think you could go wrong with the ones you''ve short-listed. Good luck, and welcome to PS!
21.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

gottcha. I actually am interested in how slight of a ''slight symmetry'' problem actually looks to the eye. I just bought an ES, with a very slight symmetry issue...which I feel will not show.

what do you think?

IS 1.07 ES.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

findingering

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh. =)

griffiam, we can get discount from WF? Wow... i will ask them. Thank you for letting me know.

donnag

Rough_Rock
If you run a pricescope search for your stone Whiteflash has this exact stone listed for $5207.

I just purchased 2 stones for earrings from WF and when I told them that I found them on PS (the exact stones) for a couple of hundred dollars less they gave me the stones at the PS price and saved me $370.00.

You can run a seach and always tell if they are the same stones by exact mm size and of course -cut, clarity color,etc.

Good luck.

findingering

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Donna. =)

What do you think about this stone? I''m kinda worried because it''s SI2. I called WF last night, they told me it''s eye clean...

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I am very happy with my new SI2 .8 carat RB from WF--they told me it was eyeclean and I can''t see anything without a loupe--just sparkles, and after having it a few days I am not peeking at it anyway with the loupe. Really, once the new is over-- no one is seriously going to loupe it everyday unless ya''ll have a lot more time on your hands than I do! I think I was a very smart shopper and got a bigger size this way. Now the whole "mind eye-clean" thingy is just beyond me, so you''ll have to think ifyour FI would be "bothered" knowing there are inclusions that can be seen if you look at it with 10X magnification. I would have just thought I was marrying a very smart cookie.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 1:02:46 PM
Author: findingering
Thank you, Donna. =)

What do you think about this stone? I''m kinda worried because it''s SI2. I called WF last night, they told me it''s eye clean...
It''s a lovely stone. You you should be aware of what their definition of eye clean is, did they say how many inches away from the face and from all angles? If so, and you are comfortable with this, then it''s a winner!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 5:29:53 PM
Author: mela lu

gottcha. I actually am interested in how slight of a ''slight symmetry'' problem actually looks to the eye. I just bought an ES, with a very slight symmetry issue...which I feel will not show.

what do you think?
I really doubt it would be visible to the naked eye, it''s really a well-cut stone and better than practically anything you are going to see in the real world.

findingering

Rough_Rock
Thank you all. =)

I will contact WF again tomorrow to check if this is really the stone that i want. =))

findingering

Rough_Rock
I decided to get the stone... YEAY!! WFtold me that the stone is eyeclean from top and from the side..
36.gif

Now, i need to choose the setting.. I'm torn between these two:
1. Legato with shared prong melee
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Shared-Prong_1058.htm#

2. 6 prong tiffany style
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/6-Prong--Tiffany--Style_993.htm#

I love the 6 prong tiffany style because it's elegant... but i'm thinking about getting her a shared prong band as a wedding ring. What do you think?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Great job finding a gorgeous diamond!

I vote for the 6 prong tiffany style setting. I love the solitaire with shared prong wedding band look. I'm a bit biased though.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results