shape
carat
color
clarity

please help me find/decide on a princess cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizgk

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking to buy a square princess cut diamond with the following specs:

1.5-1.6 carats
Color: G or better
Clarity: VS1 or better

Can anyone recommend places to buy such a diamond? I am near the diamond district in NYC, and have been referred to some places there that I plan to check out. Any tips on buying from there, or somewhere else?

Based on an initial search, it looks like it will cost be about 11k. Does that sound right?

Also, can anyone help with the other characteristics.. for example, what depth and table proportions do I want? Anything to watch out for on the GIA cert?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
bizgk,

Being near the district can definitely be an advantage, especially considering most of the diamond wholesalers in this country reside on the upper floors of those 47th street buildings. I can''t recommend any "retailers" on 47th, but it''s common practice for some of the internet vendors to make "appointments" for you to stop by a wholesalers office and view a specific diamond. It won''t be the same as walking into a store, but if you know exactly what you want before you ever go in you may be able to get an internet price but see your purchase in advance. You''ll also avoid NY sales tax since you''re actually buying the diamond from the out of state vendor.

As to the stone itself, there are some good charts at Dave''s site, www.gemappraisers.com.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results