shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Michael C Fina to get an idea of wedding band styles that would go with my ring. My engagement ring (I''m sorry, this is such an awful picture but it shows why it is difficult to work with. More pictures here.):

CIMG2592a.JPG

1. 3mm platinum knife edge band like this
2. bezel set round diamond eternity band like this
3. single shared prong (I think Memoire is the only company that makes this?) round diamond eternity band LOVE this one
4. bezel set marquis shaped diamond eternity band like this
5. bezel set alternating marquis/round diamond eternity band this style looks GREAT with my e-ring or another option

Now, the limiting factors:
1. Budget is about $2200 TOTAL for my FI''s and my wedding band (his will probably cost around $1100)
2. There are some days that I want to wear just a plain band, no gems
3. The plain knife edge band looks kind of funny with my e-ring. I love the way it looks on its own, or with any of the bands above, but it''s just "eh" with my e-ring. I tried a 3mm milgrain edge band but I don''t like that one.
4. My e-ring is white gold. I am allergic to nickel, and I''ve had only some minor irritation with my e-ring. Usually I get blistering rashes if I wear jewelry containing nickel, but my e-ring does not do that. However, I''d like to eventually switch to platinum.
5. Whiteflash quoted me $1250 WG or $1675 PLT for the diamond/sapphire eternity band (option 5b above). I am waiting to hear back from Pearlman''s on pricing and diamond/sapphire quality of the BeverlyK version. I know Fay Cullen also has a similar style ring, but the diamond quality doesn''t sound very good.
6. I love the idea of having a diamond/sapphire band but I''m REALLY scared of getting the band custom made through WF and then hating the color or quality of the sapphires. They said their sapphires come from Stuller, but how do I know the color won''t be too light or too dark?

Before I got the $$ estimates, I thought I would get both the plain band and the diamond/sapphire eternity just so I have the option of wearing the "pretty" set (e-ring with eternity band). Or on casual days when I feel like I want to be super minimal, I can wear my plain band.

Ack!

Any suggestions?

Any thoughts?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pictures.

option 1: Whiteflash knife edge band

WF_knifeedgeband.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
option 2: bezeled round diamond eternity by beverly k

bevkbezelmilgraineternity.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
option 3: Memoire Purity single shared prong diamond eternity (out of my budget, but if someplace other than Memoire can make one in my budget, that would be great)

memoirepurity1carat.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
option 4: marquis shaped (but using round diamonds) diamond eternity band by beverly k

bevkmarquisbezeleternity.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
option 5a: all round diamonds set in an alternating marquis and octagon shaped eternity by bev k

bevkalternatingdiamonds.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
option 5b: round diamonds and round sapphires set in alternating marquis and octagon shaped eternity by beverly k.

I''ve contacted a very nice consultant at Whiteflash, and they can also make this band, for $1250 in 18K WG or $1675 in platinum.

This ring at Pearlmans is $850 for 18K WG, but when I called, they said that price hasn''t been updated in a long time so he will have to call me back the next day. He has not yet called back. I also asked for price in platinum.

Anyone know the quality of stones used in Beverly K rings?

bevkalternatingdiamsapph.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I had a crazy idea that I can have two rings in one. Instead of wearing the knife edge when I am uncomfortable wearing diamonds, and then switching to my e-ring and the eternity on regular days, I should get a half eternity. Is that ridiculous?

The knife edge looks silly with my e-ring, but I want to be able to have a gem-free option. The eternities (all of them - options 2 through 5B) look wonderful with my e-ring.

Whiteflash just notified me that they can do option 5b (which I''m leaning towards the most) as a half eternity, but for the same prices as the full eternity. I think that''s kind of weird, but is it the same price because the half eternity will have more platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results