shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a beautiful EC stone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good stuff - thanks strm!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the interpretation of those images, everyone. It is a little difficult trying to find a good one without seeing it in person, but that is just one of the downsides of buying online I guess. Anyway, I talked to my Whiteflash person and she assures me that in real life, it doesn''t look dark in the center, despite those images. So I''m going to think it over, but from what it looks like to me in the magnified photo plus from what they say it looks like in person (and I think the general consensus on the board is that you can rely on vendors like WF for their impression on that), then I think this one may be pretty enough for my purposes. Thanks again and will keep you posted on the final decision!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I would like to ask for your help one more time! It''s decision time for me and I''m down to two contenders: the 1.41 stone that I previously posted about and a new 1.31 D VS2 (pictures/reports to follow). I would love to hear your thoughts on the second stone and/or thoughts on the decision.

Even though it''s smaller, I am leaning toward the 1.31. I just think it looks "cuter", both in L:W proportion and how it catches the light/emphasizes the squareness. The 1.41 looks longer/more elegant to me, which is pretty, but not what my eye prefers. I won''t be able to see them in person first, so any thoughts you have would be appreciated (it''s hard to tell from pictures how it will preform in RL).

My biggest worry now is that if I go with the 1.31, they won''t be able/willing to do double prongs on it based on the size (I have my heart set on a double pronged simple solitare). Does anyone know anything about that? I''ve read old threads on it, and haven''t gotten a clear answer. Would having a basket help provide stability so that double prongs would be a safe option??

Please let me know what you think!

Stats on the 1.31 D VS2
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 68.3%
Table: 64%
Ratio: 1.26
Symmetry: VG
Polish: EX
Girdle: Thick to V Thick
Picture at James Allen: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Emerald-Diamond-1186097.asp

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Picture of 1.31 stone:

40x of 1.31 (3).jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 1.31 because of the green in the center of the ASET it needs to be checked for brightness but looking at the pic and IS it should be ok.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either look nice, go with the one you find most beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results