carat
color
clarity

Please help me figure out search parameters for studs

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I'll have to call next time.

I may eventually give these to my daughter-- another possible use for these earrings. She is going to university next year-- this may be a good graduation present for her.

I want to get them first and then see how they fit in my life.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I just got an email saying they have shipped and will be here tomorrow!!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are they here yet? Are they here yet?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm like a kid waiting for Santa!!! Could be any time between now and 9 p.m. But I did verify with my tracking number that they are on the truck for delivery!!! Talk about instant gratification!.....

And I feel bad because I had emailed yekutiel again after I bought these to tell him to disregard my other email and he apologized for not being quick enough... i have a bunch of soon to be adult kids, so I'm sure I'll hit him up eventually.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I'm on the 9pm trajectory. We have neighborhood gates and sometimes the temp holiday drivers pass them by and are like "oh well, gates closed"...

Meanwhile ups came and brought me a fab new purse, so I have something to play with while waiting...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They came at pretty much the worst time for me to be able to sit down and examine them (mass chaos in the house with kids and dogs and christmas trees, etc)

Yes, underwhelmed by size (.84 ctw) and they needed a good cleaning...

I mentioned my metal allergy and we had two christmas parties this past weekend. Apparently my right lobe had enough and it has pinched that hole closed tight (it happens sometimes). No amount of anything could get that earring in, so tomorrow I'm going to have to put some Barry White on and get the coconut oil out and see if I can fix that :cheeky:

So I was trying to evaluate one ear lol. They are beautiful and very very attention getting and sparkly. The size is respectable for daily wear (I have a small head, and tiny ears and lobes). The color is bright white, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. My initial impression is that they don't invite you in like an H or an I, but they come to you (if that makes sense).

Tomorrow I'm going to sit down and clean everything and compare them to my .25s and take macro shots,etc. It was like this with my asscher too-- I guess I have to "get to know" the diamonds. I've been staring at my asscher for 4 years now, so the initial taking of my time to be wowed by them doesn't necessarily mean anything. I really need to see them in both ears at the same time and in different light. Plus I want to find the paperwork from the .50tcw to see what they are.

As for size, I'm not sure I want giant rocks hanging off my lobes. Although I was initially underwhelmed by the size of them, I'm pretty sure around a 1.2 ctw would be my top size, and I wonder if they would be too heavy for my finicky lobes. Maybe a larger size would aggravate them more; I wore my antique leverback 1.87 ctw to both parties and now I can't get an earring in. So I have to think about things.

OH, I *love* the martini settings! What an improvement over the baskets! And what a delight to not have screw backs...

So its a long winded way of saying I don't know if I will keep them or not.... stay tuned!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Waiting (im)patiently for photos...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos tomorrow... going to bed. Night. :wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one to hold you over until I find my macro lens:

image_4489.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am reminded how hard it is to take nice pics of diamonds.
Here are a few more:

image_4490.jpg image_4491.jpg image_4492.jpg

image_4493.jpg

image_4495.jpg

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ow ow! They sure are ICY white. :Up_to_something: And I love the little arrows I can see in a few pictures! :appl: :appl:
So what do you think? I know you mentioned that you were a bit underwhelmed via the size at first.
How do you like your settings?

I prod just a bit because I want you to LOVE LOVE LOVE whatever you get, and it didn't feel like that was quite the case, though I could be mistaken

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm aggravated because I finally got the other stud in the ear, but now my ear is bleeding, so I took the stud back out. I'm going to have to wait a couple of days to let it calm down before I can see myself with both earrings.

I LOVE the studs. They are gorgeous. The one issue is, yes, the smallish size. I do love the E color and the hearts and arrows and this will be an easy trade up if I choose to go bigger. I really really want a white flash ACA tennis bracelet, so I'm willing to stay with a smaller size earring and also get the bracelet rather than having to choose between them.

Then, I can upgrade the earrings! There is a strategy here :think: lol

If I send these back, I would probably get 1 ctw, but I'm not sure that is a huge size difference from these.

Plus I have to see them with the jackets I have.

I'll know by next week what I want to do, but, yes, if I go bigger I will stick with E and H&A!!! :love:

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great news that you love them!! That is all that matters :love: :love:

I also think this thread is a cool example of pricescope: you and I have different preferences / priorities and are both thrilled with our results. Hurrah! :appl: :appl:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely keeping them :love: :love: I can deal with the smaller size because they are so very pretty. :love: I'm keeping the right one in and treating it like I had just gotten my ear pierced, so its ok right now, but slightly bothersome. I think bigger studs could risk aggravating this metal allergy issue.

I'm so happy! They are such an upgrade from the last pair I have (that you pricescope for teaching me how to buy diamonds!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results