shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide! Should I do 6 or 7 pointers in my eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summergreen

Rough_Rock
My solitaire is a 2 carat; I tried it on with 6 pointers and they seemed a little small next to it. The jeweler recommended 7 pointers for only a few hundred more but I didn''t get to see them. What do you think? Is the difference very minimal anyway so I shouldn''t worry?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Depends on what your engagement ring looks like & how you''re going to mount the sidestones (common prong, fishtail, 4 prong etc) which will then determine the overall width of the ring and rings together. I think a rounded out size of 5 pointers is a good place to be. That way you''re looking at a width of 2.7-3.2 mm (depending on style of the ring). 6 or 7 of course would still look fantastic against a 2ct stone, but remember, with every size you go up, the width of your ring will increase as well.

In the end, this is clearly a win=win situation. LOL If you have long fingers, and the funds, well...7 pointers would be wonderful. If you have shorter fingers, & want a thinner band, well...5 pointers or 6 pointers might be better. Again...win-win.. LOL
36.gif

Judy
:)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
my center stone is just a hair over 1.5 carats and I went with 6 pointers. I''d actually originally ordered 7 point stones, but after thinking about it for a couple of days, I decided that the difference between the two was negligable and changed my original order. My original order was with G stones in VS clarity, so instead I upgraded to F color (the same as my center stone) and still saved a few hundred bucks. (also, my center stone is a step cut and the EB are RBs, so that was a factor).

You probably won''t notice much of a difference at all between 6 and 7 pointers, but with a 2 carat center stone, you could easily do 7 pointers without taking away from the center stone. Just keep trying on bands with both 6 and 7 pointers and see which one grows on you. I must have gone back to the jeweller 8 times over the span of 2 weeks trying to decide.

summergreen

Rough_Rock
I''m always confused when pp. talk about the width of the band - do you mean from left to right on the hand or from top to bottom of the finger? Thanks.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I do not think the difference will be noticable enough to worry over it. I have 7 pointer stones with my 1.59ct solitaire. To me they are overpowering, but I ordered my eternity ring with the goal of getting to about a 2ct (of coarse +++ would be even better!) some day.
2.gif
I think 6 or 7 will look just perfect with a 2ct center! As would 5 pointers even IMO. I''m beginning to think a little less is more with these eternity bands----to me they can easily go from perfect compliment to trying to compete with the center stone........as in my case.....
26.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, do you regret the larger stone eternity band?????? Does it really take away from your stone????

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 10:45:01 AM
Author: woobug02
Jenn, do you regret the larger stone eternity band?????? Does it really take away from your stone????
Yes..........and yes.........I love each ring on their own, I just think this eternity ring definately takes away from my little 1.59ct........but the WHOLE reason behind the eternity ring was I wanted fairly substantial and I hope/dream/plan to ONE day get a bigger diamond, hopefully a 2-2.25ct or so......yeah, dreaming......Maybe for our 10 year anniversary. In the mean time, I am trying to hint around for a WF knife edge band. But my husband is not impressed with the $200 2mm platinum band I bought and NEVER touch.......

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hijack... Jenn, I love your set .... I even just bought an eternity band similar to yours...waiting on it to arrive ;( now I worried............I love my knife edge band and definatley recommend it :) Can you wear your eternity band alone or on your right hand.?????? WOOOO I too hope for a 2+ stone.. our RB centers are almost the same size...

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I love my set, don''t get me wrong. I just think the size of my eternity band doesn''t exactly make my center stone look bigger as I would like for it to do.
3.gif
Yeah, I definately want a knife edge band for the days when all I want is to just enjoy my ering stone.
1.gif
I couldn''t be any happier with how well my eternity band sits with my ering! I do love that fact of my set! And if I can ever manage the 2+ ct stone I think my band will be just the perfect size.
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOO Jenn, I too understand... It is funny how my 1.6 feels like a .50 sometimes until I see someone elses ring :) WOO thank you for the info !! Do you like the eternity band alone... I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results