shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide on this stone for my wife

carbonalpine

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I recently began shopping for an upgrade stone, I found one that fits the parameters I wanted but upon the 40x magnification I see what looks like polish marks. The stone is a GIA natural IF / H / triple EX. How serious are these marks and should I pass? I read somewhere if the stone is IF, the marks won't matter or mess with brilliance/fire. I see the polish marks on several facets depending on angle.

Please help me decide, thanks so much! IMG_4331.jpg IMG_4332.jpg IMG_4331.jpg IMG_4332.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are internal grain lines. Since GIA have been using IBM AI for a lot of clarity grading they also often miss these features where it should be noted under the comments on certs.
If you see this on any medium to strong blue fluorescent diamond the stone will be hazy in many types of light.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you put it on hold and post the link?

carbonalpine

Rough_Rock
These are internal grain lines. Since GIA have been using IBM AI for a lot of clarity grading they also often miss these features where it should be noted under the comments on certs.
If you see this on any medium to strong blue fluorescent diamond the stone will be hazy in many types of light.

Wow, thank you for that! This stone doesn't have flourescence if that makes any difference. I thought it was internal but they kept telling me it's a polish detail. I'm going to post the link so you can give it a better look if you don't mind

carbonalpine

Rough_Rock
I think you can do a bit better on the cut. Does it have to be IF or would VVS work?

I thought IF would protect me since I’m buying online. But I’m open to VVS absolutely, I just don’t want to pass $18k for about 2 carat since she has 1 carat now. I was excited about this one but I kept saying something doesn’t look right, I’m so glad I found you guys

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank u! Those arrows are super well defined. Is it important to see aset/ idealscope?

It doesn't hurt to ask, though they can't always provide them. I did another search and didn't find anything better.

carbonalpine

Rough_Rock
Thank you Kim! On the one I posted originally, the internal graining will cause brilliance/fire issues? Is it a good deal for around my budget of $18k?

I want to buy something I’m time for my wife’s birthday. Thanks again for all your help

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kim! On the one I posted originally, the internal graining will cause brilliance/fire issues? Is it a good deal for around my budget of $18k?

I want to buy something I’m time for my wife’s birthday. Thanks again for all your help

I like the cut of the one I posted more than the one you posted originally. The one you posted may have some leakage under the table, and there's some paddling going on (additional obstruction/darkness near the arrow tips).

carbonalpine

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone's help. I have been searching for a comparable stone, very hard to find. My question is, my original stone is graded IF...which leaves me wondering why the internal graining was missing from report? I asked JA and they said it's because the graining was very minimal, but under 10x it's clearly there. Is this still an IF or would it be considered more of a vvs. And if I move forward with purchase, will it look hazy even though it has no fluorescence.

Thanks a bunch guys, I'm just trying to figure out if it's enough for me to pass. I have until tomorrow before my hold expires.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for everyone's help. I have been searching for a comparable stone, very hard to find. My question is, my original stone is graded IF...which leaves me wondering why the internal graining was missing from report? I asked JA and they said it's because the graining was very minimal, but under 10x it's clearly there. Is this still an IF or would it be considered more of a vvs. And if I move forward with purchase, will it look hazy even though it has no fluorescence.

Thanks a bunch guys, I'm just trying to figure out if it's enough for me to pass. I have until tomorrow before my hold expires.

Pass

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results