shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide / learn!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kevin2005

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I''ve started to narrow it down to a few stones. I''m having trouble deciding which are the best, particularly by looking at

the LightScope and BrilliantScope pictures. I''ve used the cut advisor already (see below). Price is within a few dollars.

I''m particularly interested to know why one is better than the other (trying to learn more on how to decipher idealscope,

numbers, etc) and maybe what these are lacking that I should be looking for. Thanks a ton!!!

Diamond 1:
Cut: AGS Ideal 0 (ideal, ideal, idea)
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Carat Weight: 0.833
Diameter: 6.06 - 6.05mm
Depth %: 61.1
Table %: 56.9
Crown Angle: 34.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Cutlet %: 0.4
Girdle: 1.7%-2.1% (slightly thin to slightly thick)
Holloway Cut Advisor: 1.1 (Excellent for Light Return, Fire, Scintillation, Very Good for Spread)

Diamond 2:
Cut: AGS Ideal 0 (ideal, ideal, idea)
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Carat Weight: 0.828
Diameter: 6.02 - 5.99mm
Depth %: 61.9
Table %: 55.8
Crown Angle: 34.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Cutlet %: 0.1
Girdle: 1.5%-2.3% (slightly thick)
Holloway Cut Advisor: 1.0 (Excellent for Light Return, Fire, Scintillation, Very Good for Spread)

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
really... it seems you have 2 cherrys.. and trying to decipher between them is like slippting hairs... and to me they seem like they are both excellent... minutely different... but not one bad one good kinda difference.

#1 lower grade, slightly higher weight and a touch larger in diameter - i dont think it''ll be a noticeble difference

The slightly thick girdle... i dunno - im not up on how the girdle comment affecks the diamond... i will leave that for others with better knowledge to talk about.

I''ll mention just make sure both are eye clean... nothing shows up in the IS image - #1 little spot of black under the table and one other near the crown edge.

I dont know enough about BS to make comment... pretty pictures...

Kevin2005

Rough_Rock
I notice that the shades of red are lighter in one image than in the other. Does this mean something? What about how in the BrillianceScope how the diamonds show intense light in different views?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Kevin,

Are you sure that you have the images matched with the diamonds. IS and BS for #1 actually look like they should be with #2 and vice versa. That being said, I doubt if you would be able to tell the difference between them with any kind of consistency.

I''d buy the cheaper one.

Kevin2005

Rough_Rock
Whoops! Sorry... you''re quite right and very observant. In the first post, Diamond 1 and Diamond 2 should be swapped.

OK, so if the price is the same, there''s no difference?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2005 8:43:26 AM
Author: Kevin2005

Looks like that !
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
If they are from different vendors, you may want to make your decision based on which vendor you are more comfortable with, or which has the better policies. If they are from the same vendor you may want them to put them side by side and talk you through what they see (if they see any differences.) If those two thins, don''t help, I''d go for the cheaper one or flip a coin -- they both look nice.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2005 8:43:26 AM

Yes, but then I''d buy the VS2 because on a comparative basis it''s cheaper. A VS2 G should be more expensive on a $/carat basis then a SI1 G.

If you ever sell it in the future, the VS2 should be worth slightly more and on an insurance replacement, you normally don''t have to worry about eye clean on a VS2, whereas on an SI, it may be an issue.

The vendor of the VS2 typically does not negotiate price, but you may get some movement on the SI1. It doesn''t hurt to ask and you have a good market benchmark in the VS2.

Good luck.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 11:27:55 PM
I notice that the shades of red are lighter in one image than in the other. Does this mean something?

I think it is just there was a difference in the level of the brightness of the backlight between when the 2 IS pictures where taken.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2005 11:19:15 AM
Author: Lord Summerisle
Date: 4/9/2005 11:27:55 PM

I notice that the shades of red are lighter in one image than in the other. Does this mean something?

I think it is just there was a difference in the level of the brightness of the backlight between when the 2 IS pictures where taken.

One picture is an IdealScope, the other a LightScope. Both are amazing. In fact, they would make a killer pair of studs.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2005 1:24:18 PM
Author: onewake

They assign you a personal ediamond assistant who is basically there to hold our hand through the process.

Sounds like Pricescope... only here this kind of service if free
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results