shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me de-code dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cjkoethc

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I have a silly question that I haven''t been able to figure out myself.

I''ve been looking at round brilliants and I don''t understand what the dimensions represent.

The round brilliant I''ve decided on has the following dimensions. I''m pretty sure that the 4.43 is the depth, but what are the first two? Are they both the diameter of the stone? If these first two dimensions aren''t the same, is the stone considered more of an oval? My diamond is a 1.34 (with what I understand is a mediocre spread), its supposed to go into my setting which is meant more for a stone with dimensions typically closer to a 1.25. I hope my posting makes sense!

7.08 - 6.95 X 4.43 mm

thanks so much!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hi, the first two dimensions are the max and min diameters of the stone. The third (as you said) is the depth. The stone will not look oval, although the variation between the min and max is a tad larger than I would like to see.

Hope that helps
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 6:30:29 PM
Author:cjkoethc
Hi All,

I have a silly question that I haven''t been able to figure out myself.

I''ve been looking at round brilliants and I don''t understand what the dimensions represent.

The round brilliant I''ve decided on has the following dimensions. I''m pretty sure that the 4.43 is the depth, but what are the first two? Are they both the diameter of the stone? If these first two dimensions aren''t the same, is the stone considered more of an oval? My diamond is a 1.34 (with what I understand is a mediocre spread), its supposed to go into my setting which is meant more for a stone with dimensions typically closer to a 1.25. I hope my posting makes sense!

7.08 - 6.95 X 4.43 mm

thanks so much!!
yes, they are both the diameter. one is the max diameter, the other is the min. while it is good to see those measurements closer, they are not going to be identical. you are correct, the last number is the depth. your stone faces up smaller because at 63%, it is a little deep.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results