shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me buy the perfect ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

themagazinescene

Rough_Rock
http://www.diamond.com/DYR3.asp?gen5=ODIA0900IMG2FRND&pf_id=106679&ring_id=5544&DYR=true

This is what I want the ring to look like. Pay no attention to the characteristics of the diamond but this is the setting I want.

Here are the specs I am looking for:

princess cut center stone (1-1.3 carats)
D-G color
VS1 or maybe SI1 clarity
Tapered baquettes on sides
white gold band

Now, I am not sure what I should look for as far as depth and table are concerned. I want the stone to really shine, be very well cut, and, well, just be perfect but I am not sure how I can be sure I am receiving a beautiful stone when purchasing on the internet. Do I purchase online?

I guess my major questions are where should I buy from online (must be somewhere I can send the ring back to if I am not pleased without giving me any grief) and what specs should I look for to be sure of the highest quality cut/shine? I want the best ring for possible for around $5000

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a million everybody!

Ben

themagazinescene

Rough_Rock
In addition to my above questions/concerns, I have 1 additional question. What do I need to look for in the girdle spec and how critical is that?

Thanks again...I cant wait to ask my princess to be mine

30.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Well.

First off - i''ll say I''m in no way an expert - especially on a fancy cut like a princes. But there are those on here who are, who can advise better on good proportions for a Princess cut.

A quick search using the engine at the top of these forum pages using ur guide lines of D-D VS1-SI1 1-1.3Ct reveals about 8 pages of stone listings. starting at around $3K for a 0.9ct G. to $11K for a E VS1 1.39ct

Its worth remembering that a really well cut stone of a smaller size can look as big or bigger than a poor cut stone.

There are plenty of people on here who say SI1 is great, and in some instanses the inclusion if not ''eye clean'' when view table up has been masked by the prongs of the ring holding it. - so its worth remember into to ask if it is eye clean when viewed from the top, tho you may like seeing the inclusion - can bee seen as a birthmark - unique to your diamond.

Happy hunting.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can look at dave atlas'' site, he has a cut grading chart that you can use as a guidline.
go to www.gemappraisers.com and find "aga cut grading charts" make sure you select princess cut. if you haven''t yet read the diamond knowledege tutorial , it might be helpful as well. good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results