shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me analyze these images of my stone...

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovely Pricescopers...

My stone is currently being reset by VC, and he sent me these images yesterday.

When we purchased this stone from Jon I really relied on the actual performance of the stone and how it compared to the several others that he brought in for me. His diamond dock videos were awesome, and I actually flew to visit him twice to compare stones in person. My stone was the one that I preferred based on its performance, however now that I have some images of it I'd like to better understand how they correlate to what I see in real life.

Based on the reading that I've done on PS threads regarding imaging I think that they look pretty good. Still, I'd appreciated any feedback that any of you might have to help me interpret what I'm seeing.

Stone specs:

2.68 F VS2
GIA Ex / AGS Ideal
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Fluor: negligible
Depth: 61.1
Table: 54.9
Crown angle: 34.9
Pavilion angle: 40.7
Girdle: med to slightly thick faceted
HCA: 1.1
8.96 x 9.01 mm

Thank you very much! :wavey:

B1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What exactly are you curious about? It looks like a very standard ideally proportioned diamond, good balanced performance. The proportions are what many would consider to be "cherry", or the most saught. The images you have below are all computer generated from a sarin or similar, they are not real photos of the diamond, or real ASET images.

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1340073354|3219145 said:
What exactly are you curious about? It looks like a very standard ideally proportioned diamond, good balanced performance. The proportions are what many would consider to be "cherry", or the most saught. The images you have below are all computer generated from a sarin or similar, they are not real photos of the diamond, or real ASET images.

Thanks for your reply. Just knowing that they are not an ASET is helpful, as that is how I was trying to analyze them. Basically I'm just wanting to know that they are representative of what I'd expect of an ideal cut stone, so your comments are much appreciated.

Victor had said that he could provide an ASET as well as a Sarin scan, so I thought that he was sending both. I guess these are just the Sarin results then. Is there value in getting an ASET as well?

Thanks again!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bem3231|1340073848|3219151 said:

Thanks for your reply. Just knowing that they are not an ASET is helpful, as that is how I was trying to analyze them. Basically I'm just wanting to know that they are representative of what I'd expect of an ideal cut stone, so your comments are much appreciated.

Victor had said that he could provide an ASET as well as a Sarin scan, so I thought that he was sending both. I guess these are just the Sarin results then. Is there value in getting an ASET as well?

Thanks again!

They're a simulation of how the diamond would look under the ASET scope, based on a scan. Actual photos are better, since we don't have to try to leave margins for for mechanical or image-processing error.

If you have actual photos post them too ::)

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1340074625|3219157 said:

Thanks again!

They're a simulation of how the diamond would look under the ASET scope, based on a scan. Actual photos are better, since we don't have to try to leave margins for for mechanical or image-processing error.

Thanks for helping me better understand. :) I will ask Victor for the ASET and actual images as well, and will post when I get them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bem3231|1340075112|3219167 said:

Thanks again!

Thanks for helping me better understand. :) I will ask Victor for the ASET and actual images as well, and will post when I get them.

Do you have a link to the stone at GOG - they usually do a full workup?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1340075197|3219169 said:
bem3231|1340075112|3219167 said:

Thanks again!

Do you have a link to the stone at GOG - they usually do a full workup?

Ditto Yssie.

Taking ASET images is not something many vendors are able to do well ::)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they're just scan images, not actual photos.

The numbers on your stone are perfect, so I'd imagine it's a top performer. Nice small table for fire, perfect complimentary crown and pavilion angles, not overly deep.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1340076826|3219187 said:

The numbers on your stone are perfect, so I'd imagine it's a top performer. Nice small table for fire, perfect complimentary crown and pavilion angles, not overly deep.

Ditto...you have a fabulous diamond!!!

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1340077963|3219200 said:
Laila619|1340076826|3219187 said:

Ditto...you have a fabulous diamond!!!

Thanks, guys! I really am missing my stone... I can't wait to see it in it's new setting next week!

Edited to add: I have a fabulous diamond thanks to fabulous Pricescopers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results