shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help Identifying Gold Watch

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband just purchased this for me as an anniversary present.

It’s my first vintage/antique watch and I am in love! Sold to us as Edwardian (I’m not so sure), and solid 14k gold, but that’s all I know about it. Can’t find the brand at all online (or maybe I just suck at searching :lol:)

If anyone can help identify the maker and/or the period, I would be super grateful!

IMG_5010.jpeg IMG_5009.jpeg IMG_5007.jpeg
IMG_5004.jpeg

B

Betty Baguette

It's very pretty and looks similar to this watch listed as being from the 1950's:

Watches with covered faces like yours were fairly popular in the mid-20th century. I've seen them called hidden watches and also peekaboo watches. A family member of mine had one by a different watch maker. I remember being fascinated by it when I was a kid.

Anyway, congrats on your anniversary and your lovely watch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty and looks similar to this watch listed as being from the 1950's:

Watches with covered faces like yours were fairly popular in the mid-20th century. I've seen them called hidden watches and also peekaboo watches. A family member of mine had one by a different watch maker. I remember being fascinated by it when I was a kid.

Anyway, congrats on your anniversary and your lovely watch!

Oh my gosh @Betty Baguette :kiss2:

You are amazing! Thank you so much for finding this - it is almost exactly like my watch, even the weight! Thank you also for the anniversary wishes!

All of this is super helpful info for my collection files. I love learning about my pieces. It’s also good to know that my instincts about the stated age/period of the piece weren’t off :bigsmile:I knew the PS community would come through! <3

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Is it working?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Is it working?

Thank you!! I don’t think so, but I haven’t tried very hard (had to leave town very quickly after purchase). I will inspect more after we get home and bring to a watch repair person to get it working if needed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results