shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help - I found a diamond - possibly awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rleejones

Rough_Rock
Okay everyone, check this out. I found a diamond ring currently set in white gold with the following stats.

Cut - Princess
Weight 1.3 ct
Two Side Stones - .5 TCW (.25 each)
Color - F
Clarity - SI2
Measurements - 6.36X6.28X3.92
Depth - 62.5
Table - 81.0
Crown - 5.9
Pavillion - 53.8
Girdle Thin to Medium
Polish - Good
Symmetry - Good
Fluorescence - None
Culet - None

Price - $5500.00

Falls under low cut grade according to David Atlas specs but still very brilliant.

What do you think - By the way, she loves it, but am I getting good quality for the money

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
In my opinion, you can do better in terms of cut, and find a diamond that will perform much better than this one will. The depth is too low, and the table is much too big. The stone will be too flat and it won''t have enough life.

I think you can do a lot better.

Just my two cents.

Good luck.

rleejones

Rough_Rock
This is not a stone I found on the internet. It is actually very brilliant, surprisingly enough by the numbers. Do you know if I could find a better cut diamond with two princess cut side stones that would be in the same price range.

Russell Jones

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
I may be playing devil''s advocate
11.gif
but if you love it and it seems like a reasonable price then buy it. I don''t want you to pay way above what it should cost but who cares if it does not fit all the specific dimensions everyone on this forum thinks it should have. Yeah, you might be able to find a stone with better parameters BUT if you found something that knocks your socks off then by all means go for it. Just use common sense.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
serious issue with the table--the stone would need to be heavily discounted for it to be worth it--

rleejones

Rough_Rock
The price does "seem" reasonable in that it carries with it two side stones. I had it independently looked at by Kirk Root in Austin. He verified that it is as it says it is on the certification and he actually had a very different opinion on dimensions for a princess cut than what is listed on this site so I don''t know what is considered top notch cut in the Princess cut world.

I just want a later appraisal to be more than what I pay for it now if need be

rleejones

Rough_Rock
I completely agree on the table issue but what would heavily discounted mean

rleejones

Rough_Rock
The cost is 5500 including the side stones not just the center diamond. The side stones are better clarity and are a total of .5 tcw

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
I am not an expert on princess cuts by any means, but I ran a search on the pricescope home page and for your specs -- looks like the center stone would be around 5K... So if nothing else, you are getting a "good" price, but that doean't mean you are getting a good value for your money.

I would really take the time to educate yourself all about diamonds if you have not done so already. Try reading this tutorial, or the tutorial on Good Old Gold's website -- they are both helpful.

To me this does not seem like a very well cut stone. I think the stone may look brilliant to you in the store lighting, but that doesn't mean it would be brilliant next to a very well cut princess stone.

I know it's tempting because that ring is all set already, and your gf likes it, but I bet in the long run, she will like a well cut stone much more. I would not buy a stone with a 5% crown. I really think you can do better for your money...

Also, I would not pay for an F -- I would much rather have a G/H princess (which is still very white) and slightly better clarity - like SI1... (But that's just my pref.)

These are just my opinions. If you love the ring and think it's the one, then I think you and your gf will be happy with it.

Good luck!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you seem to inately trust the b & m store more and "seem" to be uncomfortable going through an online vendor which i totally understand. However if you called Dirt Cheap Diaonds (for ex) tomorrow and said I have 4000 to spend and want a three stone ring not totalling more than 5500 including the setting and I want the best stones possible for my money --you would get something FAR superior to what you''ve looked at

researcher

Ideal_Rock
IMO the reason this stone is so inexpensive is it''s cheap--you might as well check out Kmart to see what they offer. I would pass on this stone--it probably leaks light like crazy! Personally, I''d rather have a small, spectacular stone than a slightly larger dud.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want a later appraisal to be more than what I pay for it now if need be

for what?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results