shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! I am so lost!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I know that I have been blowing up this board with questions but my mind is really turning now as I am beginning to fine tune what I want/must have in my next ring. I think I have decided I want to go with a round vs. the princess as originally planned, I still want something between 2.5-3 carats. I want the setting to be no wider than 2.5mm and 18kt YG with platinum prongs. Now there is a designt hat I have in my head of how I want the setting designed but I cannot seem to find a picture like it anywhere, and I need your help. I am not even sure if it is possible to create what I am thinking of. My current stone is set in a cathedral style setting and it really displays the basket (correct terminology?) prominently, I like how this style sits flush against my wedding band but still allows my stone to be displayed. So what I was thinking is doing the same type of cathedral setting but thinner (2.5mm) and having the basket covered in tiny melees so that the whole basket is diamond encrusted. Is this possible? Has anyone seen anything similar to this? Are there even diamonds tiny enough to do this?
34.gif

Also, I spoke with my local jeweler today asking if she has any ideally cut rounds in various colors for me to look at. She began lecturing me about how she has a J/K and she hates it because it is so yellow and why would I want such a large stone to be yellow bla bla. Now normally I like her but I did not like her almost car salesman like tactic of trying to scare me into in her words a ''D,E,F''. When I began asking her about the cut of her stone, is it ideal? is it round? etc. she said yes it is ideal and round so her stone is a great example of what an ideal cut round J would look like
20.gif
. I am not buying it after seeing all the beautiful I,J,K even M colored stones on this site. So now I am sooooooooo confused because they offered me an excellent trade in price on my current stone even though I did not purchase it from them, and the price they quoted me for a stone I was considering in the past was extremely reasonable, however I have not purchased a diamond from them before and am beginning to question her knowledge of diamonds. But then again the trade in price for my current stone will allow me to get an even bigger stone without having to shell out more money! I am pretty sure none of the PS vendors do a trade in for a stone that was not there''s to begin with so if I go with a PS vendor, I either have to settle for less or try selling on my own which could take forever and does not garuntee me anything. Also, I do not want to use the stone for anything else because I already have a diamond pendant, right hand ring and studs! HELP! What would you do! Sorry for the ramble and the rant!

Rida

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of GingerBcookie''s ring that has pave around the basket.

profiles.JPG

as far as your trade it. i would probably go that route, find the stone you want that isn''t apart of someone''s stock and have your jeweler call it in. that way, you can find it, see it, purchase from your jeweler and still get your trade in value. someone, more knowlegable than me can probably be of more assistance but that is the route I would persue first
1.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mrssalvo, that is gorgeous! I was thinking something like that except just pave around the basket and plan gold for the rest of the band, I wish I could attach the shape of basket I like but I don''t think it will work because I found the picture on here and I don''t think you can post the same picture twice, I just don''t remember when/where! I will try anyway.

2501%20RD%207.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it worked! Ok that basket is exactly what I want but with the pave on the basket instead of the scroll work...do you all think that is possible? I can try as you suggested Mrssalvo and find something I like online and have my jeweler bring it in, that is a great idea! Hopefully their price will be reasonable!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think what your wanting can be done. imagine something like this Michael B

26P18.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
EXACTLY Mrssalvo! But with the basket higher around the stone and the band would be plain 18kt yellow gold. My vision is to have ALL the focus on the stone and the basket...simple but elegant, classy and timeless (atleast that is what I am going for)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results