shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help find earrings to go with this pendant!

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pscopers!

Last year my dear hubby bought me an 18kt white gold pendant with pave diamonds, from the "Jaipur" collection of Marco Bicego. I attached a photo. The designer does almost everything in yellow gold, so there are not really great earrings to match this piece (there are a few options, but only a few and I don't love them.) I also feel like the Bicego earrings wouldn't look good with other things I own, as they have a different finish.

Usually when I wear the pendant, I wear some 18kt white gold dangle earrings that are shaped a bit like torpedos, and they are shiny. The finish on the pendant is more matte as the gold is engraved with tiny lines.

I would like to buy earrings that would look great with this pendant, but that would also go with other white gold & platinum jewelry I own.

Additionally, since I wear this pendant as an everyday piece (i.e. with a t-shirt and jeans, or a button-down shirt and work slacks, or a casual summer dress) I would like the earrings to have a casual or timeless look as well, and not be too dressy.

One more criterion: please do not suggest studs! I hate them and what's more, they look terrible on me. So far my only ideas are either "inside out" diamond hoop earrings or a simple "swing drop" style like Tiffany had a few years back (but I would buy elsewhere as I would like the best diamonds for my money - do not need the blue box.)

Please help suggest some options! My budget is around $2100 - $2500.

Thanks!

marco_bicego_18kt_wg_pendant_jaipur.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started to look on eBay for some earrings and was feeling really hot, when my daughter called me and now I have to go tend to her. What do you think of these? There are many similar styles-square and round-available. I assume that you can find them in all materials.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

ebayimage.jpg

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Hi AGBF,

Thanks - I do like those, they have a similar finish in terms of being matte, and are very pretty. My only reservation is that hey, they forgot to put diamonds on them! ;-)

I just re-read my first post and realized that I didn't specify that I do want diamonds! That is why I was considering the diamond hoops - b/c I feel like they could work with jeans on the weekend and that pendant, without being too much. But I own a ton of hoops (although none with diamonds) so was hoping to get some other ideas.

How old is your daughter? Is she interested in jewelry yet? I have a toddler who, every time I put on jewelry, says, "ooooh, I LIKE it, mama, that's mine!" ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosa|1368154328|3443817 said:
Thanks - I do like those, they have a similar finish in terms of being matte, and are very pretty. My only reservation is that hey, they forgot to put diamonds on them!

I just re-read my first post and realized that I didn't specify that I do want diamonds!

These are sterling silver, but remind me of your necklace. Perhaps they could be made up in white gold or platinum if you liked them:

Sterling earrings with pave diamonds...http://www.mulloysjewelry.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=74471&priceRange=0x999999&curPage=1

PS-My daughter is 20 and will be 21 this summer!

Deb
:wavey:

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Happy Mother's Day Pricescopers!

Thanks - those are helpful suggestions, Sharon, and I do like the look of things on Kwiat's and Bulgari's websites. However, even though my husband buys "name" jewelry (like the pendant), I can't bring myself to pull the trigger when I am the one shopping. It seems like I would get more bling for my buck with non-designer brands. But I can draw inspiration from those sites.

AGBF, wow, that is a big bday coming up for your daughter - 21! I guess I thought she was younger b/c you wrote that you had to go "tend" to her, so I thought she was a wee one! However, one never stops the "tending to" one's children at any age. When my mom was in her 60s and terminally ill, my grandma very much still took care of her. It was very sweet and she was a good role model.

Ok, back to finding earrings.... I stumbled across these two options this weekend on ebay, but both from local NY sellers so I could go see them in person - what do you think? Interested in 1. If the earrings would look good with the pendant and 2. how versatile in terms of wearing them with other casual outfits and other pieces of jewelry (not the pendant, but other necklaces and pendants with diamonds...)
Pros and cons of each?

triple_diamond_hoops.jpg

pave_diamond_drops.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosa|1368421670|3445826 said:
Happy Mother's Day Pricescopers!

Thanks - those are helpful suggestions, Sharon, and I do like the look of things on Kwiat's and Bulgari's websites. However, even though my husband buys "name" jewelry (like the pendant), I can't bring myself to pull the trigger when I am the one shopping. It seems like I would get more bling for my buck with non-designer brands. But I can draw inspiration from those sites.

AGBF, wow, that is a big bday coming up for your daughter - 21! I guess I thought she was younger b/c you wrote that you had to go "tend" to her, so I thought she was a wee one! However, one never stops the "tending to" one's children at any age. When my mom was in her 60s and terminally ill, my grandma very much still took care of her. It was very sweet and she was a good role model.

Ok, back to finding earrings.... I stumbled across these two options this weekend on ebay, but both from local NY sellers so I could go see them in person - what do you think? Interested in 1. If the earrings would look good with the pendant and 2. how versatile in terms of wearing them with other casual outfits and other pieces of jewelry (not the pendant, but other necklaces and pendants with diamonds...)
Pros and cons of each?

Rosa-

I love the first pair!!! I don't usually go gaga over diamond earrings, but those have me wanting a pair for myself! May I ask where you found them? Like you, if I am going to wear diamond earrings, I don't want a pair that I can't wear every day. One of the pros of those earrings is that I think one could wear them every day! They could go with a "sporty" look if one wore jeans. The other pro to them is that they are gorgeous! They will sparkle around your face, not just in one tiny spot like the other pair. The other pair matches the pendant, but that is all that can be said about them in my opinion. If you are very invested in an exact match, I guess you should go that way, but I cannot imagine that they would have the beauty the first pair. Of course if you buy both, you can wear the second on formal occasions to match your pendant. I think the second pair would look good at formal parties when matching would be noticed and appreciated.

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This website has some really interesting earring designs. I found it while looking for a photo of the triple hoop earrings you posted above! Here is one pair of earrings from the site:

http://www.heavenlytreasures.com/164hc11e.html

Deb

heavenlytreasuresjewelry_2260_241619208.jpg

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Hi Deb,

Thanks for the link to the Heavenly Treasures website - am going to peruse it later tonight when DD is in bed.

I also love those triple hoops. I actually think they would look better with the pendant than the more "matchy" ones. ;-) Also, I have a pair of diamond earrings that I almost always wear for formal events for sentimental reasons, and they are too dressy for day, so really do want a pair that I could wear with jeans or to work.

Just went to find the link for you and realized I made a mistake. What I originally found in NY was this pair: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2ct-Triple-Diamond-Hoop-Earrings-Crafted-in-Sterling-Silver-/310474853881?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item4849be4df9 which I liked the design of but clearly the quality is awful. Somehow on that page I clicked on something and then saw the triple hoops and that linked to the pair we both love but they are NOT in NY :( but in California, which means I can't try them on in person.....it is hard for me to pull the trigger on things like this sight unseen. Where are you located?

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/18K-Solid-White-Gold-Diamond-Hoop-Style-Earrings-DIA-2-19-Ct-VS-F-150-0083-/261144566355?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item3ccd6dda53 18K Solid White Gold Diamond Hoop Style Earrings ( DIA 2.19 Ct) VS-F 150-0083 - price is $2350

The pave drops (option 2) are here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-25CT-DANGLING-DIAMOND-EARRINGS-IN-18KT-WHITE-GOLD-/130905899770?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item1e7a9982fa and price is $2125.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you cannot buy the pair we both love? Even from a legitimate diamond store? I bet a Pricescope vendor would be able to get the same pair for you and sell them to you with the ability to return them! They are clearly not handmade items made by that jewelry store, but something that any jeweler can buy if he has an account with the manufacturer! I would contact a Pricescope diamond vendor. There are many with whom I have successfully and happily done business over the years.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1368453144|3445959 said:
So you cannot buy the pair we both love? Even from a legitimate diamond store? I bet a Pricescope vendor would be able to get the same pair for you and sell them to you with the ability to return them! They are clearly not handmade items made by that jewelry store, but something that any jeweler can buy if he has an account with the manufacturer! I would contact a Pricescope diamond vendor. There are many with whom I have successfully and happily done business over the years.

I checked the Pearlman's website. They have some double diamond hoops for sale in your price range and I know that they will take returns. You might ask Bill if any of the people who make double hoops also make triple hoops. I happened to see this pair there and it blew me away. It is a bit above your budget at 4K, but there is a Pricescope discount! (Or at least there was. I haven't kept up with all the vendors' current policies!)

Deb/AGBF

pearlmansearrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of an alternate pair. It has the same total carat weight, but is longer. To see thin diamond hoops, visit the website!

Deb

alternatepair.jpg

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOHHH! Very interesting finds! The Pearlmans ones are definitely modern and a bit edgy and I like them.

I am thinking about the triple hoops - the seller does have a very good ebay history and there is the possibility of returning them.

Have to run to meetings for the rest of the day but will speak to DH tonight or tomorrow about the options. He always has good insight on jewelry. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you thinking, Rosa?

Deb

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
BelleJoaillerie and MissKittyCat, thank you for both of your suggestions - they are both lovely, and the John Hardy ones really are very similar to my pendant!

However, I just bought earrings!

Deb, I liked the Pearlman's ones you posted, too, but they were above budget and DH thought I should save that for the next project as these were supposed to be everyday earrings that I won't freak out if something happens to them (knock on wood, I haven't lost an earring in a few years, but I was VERY UPSET when I did, and since these will get worn a lot, there is a higher chance of that happening...)

So we decided to stay in budget, and he felt strongly I should just go to 47th St and I would see triple hoops like the ones I posted (which I will admit, I have become attached to!)

BTW, on the Pearlman's website in their closeout section I found these that I thought were really nice to go with the pendant - matte white gold and the price is good, but my DH thought that while they would look good with the pendant, they would not look as nice with other jewelry.

In any case, I did go to 47th St and did NOT see the triple hoops anywhere. :( In fact, I was going booth to booth in one of the jewelry exchanges asking about them and everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads. I am sure someone must have them but in my time there did not see them.

Generally, 47th St is not a pleasant place to browse. One is constantly fending off over-agressive sellers and I really can't stand it after a while. However, finally, I hit paydirt and saw a pair of "everyday" diamond earrings that I thought would look good with my pendant but also with other stuff - in fact, I think they will go with lots of outfits, from casual to dressy.

I hope all of you who have been so helpful to me like them as well. About to post a photo....

pearlmans_18kt_wg_71pts_dia_closeout_1750.jpg

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Here is the final choice - I like them b/c the micropave is very white & sparkly, (this photo was taken with my phone inside with no natural light, so doesn't do them justice) and I definitely wanted something that you don't see coming and going, and feel these are a bit unusual without calling a ton of attention to themselves. I have long dark brown hair so they do not overwhelm at all.

Originally, I wanted to try to keep the pave stones (melee) the same size in the earrings and pendant, but the stones in the earrings are probably about a 1/2pt each vs. the pendant which has stones about 1 pt (slightly less) each. However, once I put the earrings on, I didn't notice the difference as much as when I looked at them side by side.

p.s. I have been dying to post all day but something unexpected cropped up yesterday and it kept me from the computer most of yesterday and today!!!

It is now almost 1am so need to stop dreaming of jewelry and get to bed. :)

photo__26_0.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BelleJoaillerie|1368893670|3449585 said:
Rosa, been meaning to reply to your post before this.

I, also. I would like to see more photos of them, too. If possible. They don't have to be on your ears, although ear shots would be great. I just don't feel I see them well enough!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Kelly12

Shiny_Rock
Rosa|1368679871|3447950 said:
Here is the final choice - I like them b/c the micropave is very white & sparkly, (this photo was taken with my phone inside with no natural light, so doesn't do them justice) and I definitely wanted something that you don't see coming and going, and feel these are a bit unusual without calling a ton of attention to themselves. I have long dark brown hair so they do not overwhelm at all.

Originally, I wanted to try to keep the pave stones (melee) the same size in the earrings and pendant, but the stones in the earrings are probably about a 1/2pt each vs. the pendant which has stones about 1 pt (slightly less) each. However, once I put the earrings on, I didn't notice the difference as much as when I looked at them side by side.

p.s. I have been dying to post all day but something unexpected cropped up yesterday and it kept me from the computer most of yesterday and today!!!

Gorgeous!!! This set of jewelry is beautiful!!! I like this style.

AmandaK

Rough_Rock
Rosa|1368679871|3447950 said:

This set of jewelry is beautiful, I like it.

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Hi, sorry for the long delay replying. We went on vacation and my attempts to post via smartphone were unsuccessful.

Thank you for the nice comments - I have been wearing the earrings almost every day and love them.

Here is a shot on my ear - they are very delicate looking in person and sparkly, which doesn't show up from the photo, but the way they are made causes each of the the branches to move a little bit which catches the light. I really appreciate all the suggestions and feedback from people during the search process!

img_967.jpg

emerald01

Rough_Rock
Gemstone Earrings

Looks really nice, Rosa! They complement each other as if they actually came from the same set. :appl:

Personally though, I prefer studs over hoops or drops when it comes to gemstone earrings because I like the "simple yet elegant" idea. I appreciate the simplicity of studs combined with a touch of elegance brought by the stones in such a manner that I can wear them everyday and not just on occasions. ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosa-

The earrings you chose look really heavenly on your ears! You couldn't have made a better choice! They are delicate and feminine and sparkling and...well...simply dazzling! Your instincts are perfect. Congratulations and may you wear them in health and happiness.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results