shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help decide: 3 stone ring or solitaire with eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I''m a new lurker and I have a 2 carat D rb stone - I can either set it in a three stone with .50 round sides or do a solitaire with an eternity band (1.5 tcw). I''m a new mom and will probably have more, so pp. have advised me not to get the e. band since it can''t be resized (my fingers get huge when I''m pregnant). I love the three stone but I think it might be a little huge for my lifestyle...which do you all think I should get? Thanks.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
With a 2 carat diamond, I would let it stand on it''s own, as a solitaire. Just my opinion though. Good luck trying to decide...there are so many beautiful rings on the site, it''s hard choosing one style when you need to!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree on giving that puppy center stage, no sides. Sounds gorgeous!

How about a 3/4 band? that would leave room for sizing issues.
2.gif
(although, I wouldn't resize it just to wear when pregnant, only if your finger stays bigger. It's not good to keep resizing)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2007 11:12:33 AM
Author: Ellen
I agree on giving that puppy center stage, no sides. Sounds gorgeous!

How about a 3/4 band? that would leave room for sizing issues.
2.gif
(although, I wouldn't resize it just to wear when pregnant, only if your finger stays bigger. It's not good to keep resizing)
Thritto. Congrats on your happy event too! Welcome also
35.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quattro?
10.gif
I like the idea of the solitaire/eternity because even if you only wear one at a time sometimes, that''s still serious bling. I also think it''s a classic look that will always be in style. My fingers swelled with pregnancy, but in general, after 25 years and lots of weight changes, overall my ring size only went up 1 size from when I was first married. Maybe resizing won''t be an issue?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I wish you would share pics of your stone!
30.gif
2ct D, oh my stars!
30.gif

I definately say do the eternity "look"---3/4 of the way around would be good, I can relate to the ever changing finger sizes being the Mom of 2.
2.gif
I love 3 stone rings, but not for a 2ct IMO. It doesn''t NEED sidestones.
18.gif
But the extra bling of a delicate pave look "eternity" band would be divine with it IMO!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Solitare!!!!! You can do so much with it.... Pair it with different bands, wear it alone, etc. FYI: I had the 3/4 eternity and didn''t care for it as much a full eternity.
It just sat funny with my ring....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your replies. I think I will do the solitaire. I''m going to 47th street today to have it set and the eternity band as well. Any of you have some last minute advice on the size of the stones for the e. band? I was thinking 6 pointers would go nicely with the 2 carat solitaire. Should I do bigger or smaller? Thanks so much for your help.

As soon as I have pictures I will post.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you made a great choice! Want to guess what I would have voted for?
2.gif
Solitaire with eternity! The focus should definitely be on your 2ct D!!!

Regarding size for your eternity ring, I''d probably prefer smaller around 4 or 5 pointers. But it really depends on personal preference. Have you tried on the different sizes? I highly recommend you do that to see what you prefer. I also like the eternity band to be about the same width as the ering. I can''t wait to see pictures!!

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Your set is beautiful. How many points are in each stone of your eternity and how big is your solitaire? They look very nice together.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 12:47:09 PM
Author: summergreen
Thanks. Your set is beautiful. How many points are in each stone of your eternity and how big is your solitaire? They look very nice together.
Thanks Summer! My solitaire is a 1.23 and my eternity ring has 3 pointers.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo Jenn has a 1.50+ center and has 7 or 8 pointers and they fab!!!!!! 6 will be great!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
FYI: Snlee''s set is perfectly balanced!!! I love her set

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.36 RB and I chose .02 pointers for my pave bands (which are 90% eternity, they have a small sizing area in the back because I am terrified of the no-resizing issue with most eternity rings!) Anyway, back to the size of melee... I really wanted that center stone to POP POP POP! I think I achieved that by the two narrow bands... although you will definitely get more *BLING* from bigger melee. My melee bands *shimmer* more than sparkle, and that''s my personal preferance. But either way, your ring will be killer... and we. must. have. photos. immediately. please!!!
2.gif

57YAYa1a1.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks woobug!

Lynn, I love that picture and I LOVE your set! Yummy!
30.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I vote solitaire plus eternity band too! (with a space for resizing)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here...but I am another solitaire and diamond band person! My stone is 1.63 and my diamond band has 10 pointers. It all depends on whether you want a shimmer of small stones or a little more significant look...not that 10 points is big, because it isn''t. I really like both looks and wouldn''t mind having another band! Lol! However, I think 6-8 pts. is a nice compromise. The other factor would be to match the width of the e-ring and wedding band. Be very, very careful that you get a low set diamond band so that there is no rubbing of the e-ring prongs by the diamond band. We see this happen all the time. Memoire bands will work and so will Tiffany. Lots of them have the metal part too high. I''d probably get the diamond set before you try on bands with it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a three stone ring that I LOVE (.92 RB with .20 pear sides in a trellis setting), but if my center diamond was the size of yours, I''d probably opt for a solitaire with an eternity band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results