shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help!!! Buying on Monday!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deadgame

Rough_Rock
Hello, I decided to go a different route. When I saw the JB Star setting in person, it was nice but not exactly what I wanted... I then looked throught my jewler''s case and saw a great Judith Conway piece. Any thoughts on her work? I think that''s the one I''m going to go with. Plus it''s way cheaper, so I can spend more on the diamond itself. I have now chosen to go with the round shape and have been looking when my wife hasn''t been snooping on me. I think I found a good one for my budget, but I would like to run it by you guys first. I understand most of the details, but I''m still not sure which dimensions (? X ? X ?) mean. Which numbers equate to a bigger spread. I have about $8,000 for the diamond now. So please tell me if you like these numbers from Engagement Rings Direct, or if you find a better stone, please let me kow. Thanks in advance...

1.26 Round
Color F
VS2
61% D
59% T
GIA
Med Girdle
No Cutlet
Pol V Good
Sym V Good
No Flo
6.92*6.95*4.28
$7823

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DG, we would need more info to provide any meaningful feedback, such as crown and pavilion angles which can be found on a SARIN report or AGS cert. Just for kicks here are some other options within your budget but with more info and are excellent cuts. Not knowing your desired spcs (i.e. color/clarity), I am just throwing some out.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-766419.htm $7998
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1137388.htm $6455
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_202ct_h_si1_h%26a.htm $7116
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_241ct_f_si1_h%26a.htm $8022
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_32ct_h_si1_h%26a.htm $7722

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
It''s very hard to comment on that stone without more info, namely the crown and pavilion angles. This can be obtained through a Sarin report which hopefully the vendor can provide for you. What I can say is that the table on this stone is a bit on the large side. For 8K, you should be able to get a really nice ideal cut stone. Would you be willing to drop the color to a G or H? That would open things up a bit.

Deadgame

Rough_Rock
When I was looking at stones at my jewelers, I was shown two stones; an G and an F. The G looked really dull and I was told it was because of the color grade. SO that''s why I''m afraid to go with a G. The F looked really good though. How do I obtain the Sarin if it''s not listed on the site? Can I call the vendor and they''ll email it to me? You had mentioned the table is big, is that a bad thing?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
DG no offense to your jeweler but if s/he told you that a stone being a ''G" makes it look dull, then you need to find another jeweler ASAP! Poor CUT makes a stone look dull NOT color or even clarity unless it is like an I3. I have seen gorgeous fiery stones that were ''N'' colored and ugly frozen spit stones that were ''D''. Spend some time reading some of the tutorials here and you''ll see what I mean. All the stones I posted for you to view are ideal cut stones meaning they will look fabulous. Browse in the "Show me your ring folder" and you will see some fantastic stones that are no D,E,F''s
20.gif
I suggest finding a local jeweler with some ideal cut stones in stock of varying colors and you decide for yourself, if not then work with one of the fabulous vendors here, they will not lead you astray! goodluck!

Deadgame

Rough_Rock
That''s what I thought. I am in the military and I''m stationed in Alaska, so there aren''t very many places to choose from. So I think online is the way to go. I really liked the price and size of the 1.34 expert sel. from whiteflash, but SI2? I am in a time constarint to boot, so i don''t have time to get a stone through the mail and find out it has a ton of naked eye inclusions. I know I know I''m asking for the world...
Here is what I''m looking for:
The biggest stone I can get (1.25-1.35) with a color no less than G excellent cut, and atleast very good Sym and Pol. If you have any suggestions please let me know... And one more question, can I call Whiteflash and ask if the 1.34 has any naked eye inclusions, or do I have to wait and see???

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Deadgame, I''m not sure if calling would work right now b/c Whiteflash is located in Houston, and well you know the situation with Hurricane Rita. Your best bet would be to PM John Quixote (screen name), or try the e-mail on their website. I am currently working with Denise and she is FAB (b/c I am a pain in the a$$ and she has been extremely patient and accomodating with me). I will PM you her e-mail, but others have worked with Jamie, Bob, Renee, Lesley and from what I hear they are all FAB. If your timeframe is for Monday you might have problem b/c I don''t think any of them are in Houston to view it for you. Try e-mailing them and see what happens. Oh and about the SI2, it''s true they are not all created equal as with any clarity, BUT if you find an eye clean one, man what a bargain! Trust me I purchased an eye clean 2.63 SI2 from them
18.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I just took a peak at the stone you were referring too and I am attached the magnified pic below. One thing Brian (their cutter) told me that I think is so true, is that this picture shows the stone being the size of your palm if not larger. In actuality the stone will be probably smaller than a fingertip.That puts the inclusions in perspective. Not so scary after all huh? If you are thinking of SI2s you saw in chain stores, I would be willing to bet most were probably closer to I1s or I2s b/c most of them use labs other than AGS or GIA (two of the strictest).

WF ES FSI2.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Here is a link to what Whiteflash considers when deciding if a stone is eyeclean. It is important that the customer and the vendor are on the same page with that term. It avoids disappointment in the long run. link I hope this will answer your questions. Under ordinary circumstances, WF personnel would be happy to eyeball a stone for you. These are not ordinary times. Try pm'ing John or use the e-mail you will be pm'd from LLL. This is the only way you will know if WF can accommodate you or if you need to choose another vendor due to time constraints. I hope this helps.

Just an edit for an errant thought. Those close ups on WF site are at 40x magnification. Grading is done under a 10x loupe. Kind of helps to put it in perspective, yes?

Shay

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Great link Shay! and it looks like John's yahoo e-mail addy might be OneDiamondKnight.

ETA: This is in John's signature so I hope it is ok to post here

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
LLL has already given you some great advice. I have to chime in, though, and say that your jeweler is completely wrong about an F being more sparkly than a G. Color has absolutely no impact on light performance. Focus on cut and you''ll get a great stone!! As long as the stone is in-house, the vendor should be able to tell you whether it is eye-clean. Good luck!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
HI...

I just wanted to tell you that I just purchased a 1.77 H SI2 from White Flash and it is very eye clean. I am working with Denise and she is a DOLL! They had the stone sent to them and inspected it. It passed their inspection and I bought it. The magnified pics that they sent me showed an amazing stone.

ALSO....I got this stone for a little under $9000...AND it is an Ideal Cut and has the GIA report! So you may be able to get something little larger if that is what you want? Whatever you do purchase will be great!
30.gif

They are so trustworthy over there and EXTREMELY helpful....that my buying experience has been fabulous.

Good Luck with your purchase
36.gif

Annette

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results