shape
carat
color
clarity

Please grade this Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

topps9898

Rough_Rock
Could someone please take a look at the below specs and give me an opinion on this diamond. Im looking to spend around 9-10k on a 2ct d-g color princess cut diamond w/ no eye visiable inclusions. Thanks.

Item Number: 130635

Diamond.com''s Price $9,102.00

Report GIA

Report No. Sample Report

Shape Princess

Carat Weight 2.09

Measurements

Length-to-Width 7.32 x 6.84 x 4.90

Proportions

Depth 71.6

Table 75

Girdle XTN-XTN

Culet NON

Finish

Polish VG

Symmetry G

Clarity Grade SI2

Color Grade E

Fluorescence MB

From Diamonds.com (is this a good merchant?)

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Nobody can grade the diamond without seeing it.

I can tell you that it is very, very rare to find a truly eye clean 2.00 ct SI-2 princess cut.

Maybe call the dealer and ask him.

What about clarity photos ?

taualum23

Rough_Rock
Similar toit he other stone you posted about, look at the dimensions.
SI2, again.
Now the table is quite wide, expecially considering the depth.
And with an XTN girdle, you have to be careful.

ANybody else? It does seem like a pretty good price for 2.09 c. I am looking for a similar stone, so you know. WHen they start getting closer to the (non-existant) "ideal", they get up there in price pretty fast.

sean13

Rough_Rock
I personally would pass over this diamond. The L:W ratio is 1:1.07 so it will look a little rectangular...if that is what you like then great, but I prefer a square princess.

The table is too large to be a well cut stone (although the table alone tells very little about cut) and the XTN girdle is scary because the corners and edges will be very prone to chipping.

I could be wrong on this, but in order to get a well cut stone you are going to have to reassess your specs. I think you will be hard pressed to fing a 2ct, g-color or above, well cut princess stone for under 10K ( I would suggest trying to find something under the magical 2 ct mark). Happy hunting though!

Sean

topps9898

Rough_Rock
I would love to fbuy a 1.85 diamond but i cant find one [:nono:
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results