shape
carat
color
clarity

please give your opinions for this RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frankling

Rough_Rock

Please let me know your opinions on this stone. It''s expensive & would love to hear your thoughts.

Certification: inscribed with GIA # and that no. is noted on the AGS report.
Size: Round .78 carat
Color: f
Clarity: vs1
Depth 61.6%
Table 57%
Crown Angle 34.9
Pavillion Angle 40.7
Flouresence- Negligible <---- would this be a problem?
Polish- ideal
Symmetry- ideal
Girdle- medium to slightly thick, faceted 1.4-2.4%
Cutlet pointed
Measurements: 5.88 X 5.92 X 3.63mm

What other reports/info should I ask for?

Thanks in advance.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Boy, that is one heck of a stone.

I plugged in your numbers in CUT ADVISOR, and I got the following report.

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread Very Good

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an expert but, I don''t think negligible flourescence would not be a problem. Some people like a bit of flourescence in more yellow stones (I, J) because it can make the stone appear more white.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Negligible fluorescence means the fluorescence is not significant at all, so it''s definitely nothing to worry about. Here are some older threads that discuss what "negligible" means:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/explaining-the-term-negligible-on-ags-dqds.6729/=

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-negligible-flourescence-okay.14622/=

Overall the diamond looks good. If you want an overall opinion on whether to buy this stone or not, you might want to post the price so people can chime in on whether you''re getting a "good deal" or not.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Fluorescence negligible means there is none.
The proportions are great.

Interesting that it was originally certed by GIA, then re-submitted to AGS for a DQD (presumably to get the ideal ratings). Nothing wrong with that...Some people prize the DQD.

bling

Shiny_Rock
SOunds like it could be a really nice stone. the only thing that sorta caught my eye..and im not an expert, just a diamond lover... the girdle seemed a tad thick. may lose some weight in the girdle.. otherwise..yum!

36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 12:27
6.gif
0 PM
Author: bling
SOunds like it could be a really nice stone. the only thing that sorta caught my eye..and im not an expert, just a diamond lover... the girdle seemed a tad thick. may lose some weight in the girdle.. otherwise..yum!

36.gif
The stone looks great on paper. Have you seen it? Do you like it? and.. don''t worry about the girdle..medium to slightly thick is NOT a problem at all....especially since the girdle does not have the same thickness all over. I believe slightly thick to medium is the safest girdle thickness as it has been discussed on this site ad-nauseum.

Take a look at the stone if you can, if it speaks to you, it will be the one!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results