shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me feedback on my ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyle25

Rough_Rock

It is getting closer to the special moment. I have a few ideas for a proposal, but I haven’t been able to decide on one. Here are my two favorites:

Idea 1: Pizza. We both love pizza. We went out for pizza on our first date. The first time we had dinner where it was just us and her 2 year old son, whom I’m crazy about, was going out for pizza. We have had some really fun times making pizza at home together. So as strange (or possibly cheesy?) as it sounds, pizza has been an important part of our relationship.

My idea is to spell out “Marry me?” with toppings on a pizza. One idea was to talk to the owner at the restaurant where out first date happened and have them bring out a pizza with that spelled on it, but it is not exactly a romantic place. The other idea was do it at home. Tell her I am going to make a special pizza just for her.

I love this idea because it is something simple yet meaningful to us. One big problem is logistical. I would really like to be down on one knee and it might be tricky to coordinate it so that she sees it around the same time I am down holding the ring. Any ideas on this one would be appreciated.

Idea 2: She just shared with me yesterday that she would like to go and get Christmas Card photos taken us and her son. I think it is a great idea, and it could be a chance to catch her totally off guard. She will be racing around trying to make everything is perfect and everything looks right it would be the last thing she would be expecting.

My idea would be to talk to the photographer beforehand and see if they can have an extra photographer there too. Then in the process have them do some different poses. Near then end have them pose me down low or even on my knees. I’m quite a bit taller than her, so it wouldn’t seem so strange. I could have the ring wrapped up as a prop present that they could have her son hold. Or just in my pocket.

I love this idea because of the hopefully great pictures that will come from it. The big issue I have with it is that I’d be relying on others to do a good job so it all goes smoothly. What can I say? I’m a control freak.

Feedback (both positive and negative) would be greatly appreciated.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kyle I''ll be honest, I really like the pizza idea. No it isn''t grand or huge or extravagant, but it MEANS a lot to you guys and I think that would be really memorable for her. I wouldn''t worry about the restaurant being romantic, I''d do it there, it''s where your first date was, it''s important, and she''ll love it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pizza. It sounds like a happy part of your life together.

Home would let you have more control over everything. You could make the pizza while she was out and surprise her with a great pizza when she gets home. Roses. Candles. And you with the pizza & ring.

Of course going back to the first date is so sweet & romantic. You remembered where it was and brought her back for another special day. (and they''d probably be more than happy to take pictures for you)
You could arrange to pick the pizza up at the counter. As you get to the table with the pizza, go down on one knee holding the pizza where she can see it.

You might be able to get a holder to put in the middle of the pizza and have her ring on it.

Either place would be great. Very personal. Very special.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
What if you got a to-go box from that pizza shop and then made the pizza at home? "Re-create" your first date in a more romantic and private setting...put the pizza in the box on the table, and have her open it while you get down on one knee. So then you get a little of both...the first date and pizza...but being at home and cozy, too...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2009 4:56:37 PM
Author: vc10um
What if you got a to-go box from that pizza shop and then made the pizza at home? ''Re-create'' your first date in a more romantic and private setting...put the pizza in the box on the table, and have her open it while you get down on one knee. So then you get a little of both...the first date and pizza...but being at home and cozy, too...

I like it. Best of both worlds. And a bit more private. (not all women want a public proposal)

kyle25

Rough_Rock
Wow. That seems so obvious now that you say it, but it was something I hadn''t even considered. I agree, best of both worlds!! It sounds perfect!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Good idea, VC! I''m a fan of the more private proposal as well, though if you remember what kind of pizza you had on your first date you might actually get them to make the pizza with the "Will you marry me" bit already done and just bring it home and go down on one knee. Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
You''ll have to let me know how this works out!!! So glad I could be of help!!!

RossP

Rough_Rock
Great ideas man!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pizza idea. Sometimes an understanded meaninginful proposal that envelopes your life together is the most memorable ones

kyle25

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your help. I will be sure to give a rundown of how things go when it happens! At the moment, the ring is still being made; it had to be special ordered as she is a size 4.5.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results