shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give feedback on stone...i have complete data now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

composix

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Could any experts or non experts out there give me some feedback on this stone and let me know if it is a fair deal.

GIA CERT
ROund Brilliant
Measurement 7.75-7.80x4.79mm
Depth 61.6
Table 56
Girdle thin to medium, faceted
Culet none
Crown angle 34.5 degree
crown height 17%
PAvillion depth 43%
Girdle 1.6%
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Clarity vvs2
Color g
Flouro none

Price 21K

Thanks all....I appreciate any and all feedback

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown height is 17%?
do you have a pavilion angle?

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I don't see the weight either. Either way I think you are spending way to much for Clarity. With a round diamond you can find plenty of great cuts at lower clarities and save yourself a ton of cash.

composix

Rough_Rock
Sorry about that...

The the weight is 1.75

The crown height is 17%

I do not have a pavillion angle

Thanks again

composix

Rough_Rock
I know i may be overdoing it on the clarity.....but does the cut sound good?

Thanks

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
It depends what you feel is good. Using the data you provided and the Holloway cut analysis on this site it scores a 1.2-3. That is very darn good to just good. Can't tell you more as the pav angle and or the culet % is needed. Go take a look yourself in tools above.

It scores a 1b on aga charts due to the crown depth.

As everyone says here if you have seen it and like it then go for it.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Actually, you can use the HCA pretty well, learning that with the given info, your score of "1," and with xxxvg TIC, the diamond does appear to be very well cut.

Not sure how important it is to be further concerned. Angles are preferred for measuring over percent, and the pavilion data, which is most sensitive, is where you have the % data. Based on you and the jeweler having made this good effort to get this info, I might be inclined to say this examination is done, thank you very much.

Do you like it? Though you could get an idealscope for further study, or get a more detailed proportion examination somehow, noting that once set, this opportunity will have passed to get this data, it''s not clear that there''s anything motivating your suspicion apart from your discovery of this site.

For your own peace of mind, you might want to know if the jeweler has a standard return policy. Otherwise, unless you''re otherwise of a mind to just start over, and presuming the same elements are in place today that drew you to this shop, it seems well priced, even among nationally advertised options here, and I''m inclined to wish you well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the numbers arent adding up:
56% crown and a 17% crown heigh dont equal 34.5 degrees not even close.

with a 43% pavilion and a 1.6% girdle 56% table using the depth of 4.78 the crown height comes out to 15.1% and 34.5 degrees and a weight of 1.75.
Thats as close as I could get the numbers to line up in diamcalc and since percentages are usualy rounded its close enough for:

conclusion: error in the numbers someplace cuz they dont add up

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Stormy I am confused now as the crown of 17 + the girdle of 1.6 + the 43 pav depth does = the total depth. Or am I totally wacked and u are talking about something else?

Ahh no forget it I got it you have a typo!

BTW-Since we don't really have all the info I assummed the worse to create that range of 1-3. All in all it looks good cut wise.

composix

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone....I will try to get more info...

The reason I am worried is that I gave the jeweler a 50% deposit once I saw the stone and said Iliked it so he could order the settings in. After I left and foun this sight I saw that on the back of the receipt that there is norefunds on my deposit or trade or exchange policy for my diamond because it was a special order.....a stone he did not have in stock and had to order in....So I am pretty much stuck with this and I am looking or peiceof mind..I will try to get more specs.....

If it is a good cut versus very good or excellent is it very noticable to a diamond novice....thanks for all your help

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Just an educated guess, but it appears the crown % is wrong. With a 15% crown the other numbers could be ok with a PA near 40.7, depending on how you measure the girdle. If that's so they are good numbers. No telling without something being corrected, though.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 5:37:44 AM
Author: composix
Thanks everyone....I will try to get more info...

The reason I am worried is that I gave the jeweler a 50% deposit once I saw the stone and said Iliked it so he could order the settings in. After I left and foun this sight I saw that on the back of the receipt that there is norefunds on my deposit or trade or exchange policy for my diamond because it was a special order.....a stone he did not have in stock and had to order in....So I am pretty much stuck with this and I am looking or peiceof mind..I will try to get more specs.....

If it is a good cut versus very good or excellent is it very noticable to a diamond novice....thanks for all your help
Then you would only need to let him retain the down payment on the setting, not the stone. If you not love the stone do not buy it. How did you give the jewler the deposit. The fact that it says no refund on deposits is extremely worrisome to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results