shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE Don't Steal My Mangoes!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in this area things at the curb/roadside are assumed to be given away....but usually they have a "free" sign next to them. sometimes not. this is not, however, an urban area.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
tuffy: wow! Volunteer tomatoes? With all the F1 hybrids out there (which won't fruit from seed), I'm surprised, they must have been some kind of heirloom variety. And how awesome is that?!

Yes--I believe they must have been some sort of heirloom variety. It was an old house--built in 1919, and before we moved in the house was in probate and sat vacant for 5 years with no care given to the garden. Before that the same family had owned/lived in the home for about 40 years. I imagine the tomatoes were planted at some point during that time, and during the 5 years the house was vacant the tomatoes grew wild, dropped the fruits and they continued to seed the ground. They really grew like weeds--with very little care they would grow into robust vines covered in the sweetest, most flavorful bright red little cherry tomatoes. I wish that I had saved some of the seeds before we moved!!!

It is amazing that the garden survived with no care. In addition to tomatoes, and lemon, guava and avocado trees there were also lots of old rose bushes and a huge Mexican oregano plant that must have been decades old... Unfortunately the gardener mistook the oregano for a weed and ripped it out by the roots. I was not impressed :/

You could tell the person who lived there before loved to garden, and I thought that was so cool. My SO and I tried to plant more things, but aside from zucchini, nothing grew as well as the old plants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results