shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum VS. White Gold Cost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
This is taken from compairing cost of product to cost of product, since everybody has their own version of markup.

A given White gold band cost $175
the same band but only in platinum $1,130

That is 6.45 time spread.

The spread use to be 4 time spread.

Remember when for .50 cents a gallon for gas, they use to fill up your car and check the oil and wash the windows too.
Now you pay $2.90 a gallon and use the credit card out side? Except in the state of Oregon they still do it the old way.

Things to think about :)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Cory,

My hubby reminds people of the value of a gallon of gas, by comparing it to a gallon of other liquids. Specifically a gallon of milk. We buy organic and it runs about $7.50 a gallon. So in relation to what the fuel does for us, we think it is a bargain.

Women''s fragrance would run in the multiple of thousands a gallon. Can''t wait until 93.5 octane catches on for scent. Only a matter of time.

The platinum/gold thing...too much spread. Can''t reason that one! Do you have a fun way of comparing the spread? Thanks for the thought provoking thread.

DKS

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Its a common question from a client. "How much more is Platinum"?

So I ask my supplier for the same two rings in different metals. So I can answer the question correct next time asked.

* Also look at bottled water on price per ounce.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results