shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum setting studs with gold jewelry?

BestFriend52

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am very new to collecting any kind of jewelry and I just purchased 1.4 tcw diamond studs with a 4 prong platinum setting from James Allen which has not shipped yet. I like yellow gold jewelry though and I was wondering if these would look okay with 18k yellow gold jewelry, in my second ear holes or necklaces etc? I like the hypoallergenic nature of platinum for an everyday item like this but now I don’t know if it will clash with the gold chain I wear most days. I also wear my diamond/platinum 7 stone wedding band every day but you can’t see the platinum band part of it unless I turn it around…. Should I cancel the order and change the setting to 18k gold? Am I creating a clashing collection of daily items? Please advise.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its basically personal preference. Some PSers only wear white metals, some only wear yellow gold, and others, like me, mix.
I find mixing adds interest. I also wear a watch and bracelet that are 2 tone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When studs are in your ears, the only part you will really see are the prongs. Up close, they may see the backs. I opted for platinum settings for studs but have some yellow gold jewelry. I too like mixed metals but wanted to avoid any type of metal allergy with the studs hence the platinum settings.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
A9C64E56-AB68-40E8-8D79-89C0238D16D5.jpeg

I am currently mixing metals on my ears and I HATE it. I hate the look and it is driving me crazy. I have 14k white gold mixed with my 24k yellow gold hoops and I can’t stand the contrast. I am ordering yellow gold studs as soon as possible. But again, that’s just personal preference!

BestFriend52

Rough_Rock
You all are amazing, thank you for the replies! tyty333, my wedding band looks just like yours, btw, I love it. MissGotRocks, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. I didn’t want to invest in something I can’t wear, and it’s so hit and miss for me with earrings. Sprinkles&Stones, thank you for sharing your experience and including a picture! I actually think your combination of earrings looks very nice and it looks purposeful which I think is a big part of looking pulled together, but I totally understand if you don’t like it. It’s so hard to know what one individual will like the most and look the best in, I am coming to understand. Maybe I should look into a 2 tone piece of jewelry to pull it together. The budget seems to just gradually expand lol

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think mixing yellow and white metals is fine, and I also like white and rose metals mixed. I'm not really a fan of mixing rose and yellow metals, but again, it's all personal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results