shape
carat
color
clarity

plat tiffany solitaire ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldturf

Rough_Rock
Bluenile sells it for $375, union diamond sells at $325, designers stores price $500~$1000. What is the difference!?

Would it be safe for me to buy just from Uniondiamond? -- in terms of craftsmanship, appearance, durability...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that unless it''s a custom ring, its the same exact setting from the same maker being marked up to whatever price.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Just know that platinum scatches up a bit. Also I don''t think that you can just buy the setting without purchasing the diamond so shop around for the perfect diamond for you and the setting that you prefer.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you look carefully at the details of the prongs, you can tell the diffence. The 800-1000 ones are more detailed, like the actual tiffany. The prongs are polished and has a tiny hole in each other them. The bluenile prongs are generic looking. Also the expensive replicas has the diamond sitting real low, more of a custom fit.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
The difference in price is the difference between this, where the diamond sits high above the band, dangling in the air, with clunkier prongs (this one is from Blue Nile)

bluenilesixprong.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock
and this one, where the diamond sits lower, nestled into the prongs. This is from Dirt Cheap Diamonds, and it is a far better reproduction of the Tiff & Co one. The others are called Tiffany style simply because they have six prongs around a round diamond, and sometimes a knife-edge band.

Sometimes you can''t tell the difference from the top, and its up to you whether the extra money is worth it.

tiffreproduction.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that from the top you really can''t tell the difference, but the biggest differnence to me is whether you prefer a low set diamond or a high set diamond. I like the high set diamond ring because it makes the diamond look bigger to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results