shape
carat
color
clarity

Plat E-ring with 18kYG W-band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklelover

Rough_Rock
Hi, all diamond experts out there.
This is my first post. We are ready to upgrade my e-ring. I currently have a 1.04 RB D/SI1 with 18k YG full bezel setting. We are planning on trading up for a 1.5 to 1.75 RB. Thanks to PS for all the info and education on cut and specs, we know what to tell our local jeweler of what we want
19.gif
. My question is about the setting. I know I like the replica of Tiffany plat six prong setting this time (I did not like it 7 years ago thinking it was too common), because it''s simple and uderstated that can be dressed up and dressed down. Now about the W-band. I have an 18K YG 3mm comfort fit band that matches hubby''s 4mm. I also have a two tone steel/YG Omega watch that I wear all the time. Shoud I do a wavy 2mm 18K YG band to go with the plat setting? Has anyone out there seen such combination? The plat e-ring should be about 2.5mm in width I think. Any opinions, please?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey sparklelover!! welcome to ps!!
35.gif

i have seen yg wbands with plat solitaires, and even though i love the look and versatility of gold and platinum together, i don''t think it would be my "ideal" for a wedding set. i would rather have the gold incorporated into each of the rings somehow rather than they be two different colors all together. keeping things in perspective though, with these sets that i have seen, i didn''t notice right away that the rings were different.....i guess a big sparkly diamond will do that to you!!
2.gif
best of luck to you.....i hope you find what you are looking for!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results