shape
carat
color
clarity

plain trial wedding band - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

solitairegirl

Rough_Rock
I just got my trial wedding band in the mail (2mm surgical steel). The real one would be platinum, but I wanted to try it on just to see what the 2mm width was like. What do you think? Should I go wider? Here it is alone.

IMG_1312_1.JPG

solitairegirl

Rough_Rock
and here it is with my ering (which has a 2mm knife edge band).

IMG_1313_1.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
SG, I think I have the exact same one (got it for the same purpose). For me, I actually liked the width a lot, but the dome was too high. It felt like a fully rounded...tube?... on my finger. I thought a lower dome might be more comfortable... and a lower dome will appear a bit thicker, too (because the shine/glare off the top will be thicker the flatter the surface is). For what that's worth, anyway.

I like the width with your e-ring. I think wider might overwhelm or take away from your beautiful diamond. Have you tried a variety of widths at a local b&m or anything?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I really like the width! My original set was the same - 2mm for each band.
1.gif
Have you thought about getting a knife edged band to wear with your ering?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like the width with your e-ring. It complements; it doesn''t detract.

However, if you were planning to wear it alone fairly often, I''d go with a wider or jazzier band (just my opinion).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the width as well, I also have a band the same size that I wear with my solitare
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think I would go with either the 2mm or something noticeably larger. Will the platinum band be knife edge to match your e-ring?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think the 2mm matches perfectly with your ering.

solitairegirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone! I really like it with my ering, too; my only concern is that if I wear it without the ering, which I plan to do at least some of the time, it will look too narrow. I''m wondering whether a 2.5mm would be a better choice for wearing alone?
Geckodani, my concern with a knife edged wb would be that it wouldn''t look as wide as a regular band and also that it wouldn''t be as comfortable. But I know what you mean - it would be a perfect match, visually, for my ering!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the width with your e-ring, I think they make a lovely pair.
I have a 2.5mm flat (pipe cut) wedding band and it looks fairly substantial without overpowering. That might be a nice option as well.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Solitairegirl, my e-ring looks to be about the same size as yours, and I''m planning to get a 2mm plain band...so I may be a little biased but I think it looks great. I actually don''t like the look of a knife-edge wedding band, either with my e-ring or on its own, so I''m planning to get a pipe-cut style band.

I have tried on a couple different widths of wedding bands, since I had the same thought about wearing it alone, but I have to say that I didn''t like the look of a thicker band with the knife-edge of the e-ring because it looked disproportionate to me. You may feel differently, of course!

Good luck deciding
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I got a "temporary" 2 mm plain gold wedding band when my fingers swelled when I was pregnant. My knuckles stayed large, and I have been wearing my "temporary" wedding band ever since. That baby just graduated from college this spring. In any case, I wear it solo a lot, and yep, it looks just the same on my hand as your trial wedding band looks on yours. Generally, I''m doing chores when I''m wearing it solo, so narrow is fine, since I''m not really out in fine company anyway. (i.e., you don''t need a fancy wedding band to do the laundry.) Otherwise, I''m wearing it with my e-ring, and they look great together since both have 2 mm bands. A 3 or 4 mm band will look more like a solo band, if you won''t be wearing it with the e-ring much.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I think the width is perfect! (Although I may be biased, I just ordered a 2mm wedding band.) I like that it is so thin and delicate when worn alone. Plus I like the idea of never taking the wedding band off, which you can definitely do with a dainty 2mm band!

solitairegirl

Rough_Rock
thanks again, everyone, for your thoughtful and helpful comments! I have to say, the narrow band is really growing on me - I''ve been wearing it alone, just around the house, and it does look awfully pretty. I still have several months to decide, but I think my mind''s made up! If I end up reconsidering, though, I will check back in again for more expert advice!
1.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
The pair looks good together. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results