shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain band(s) to wear with my Aurora

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that band really does look perfect with your Aurora!! I like!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

This is one of those times when I think seeing things in person really mattered. I love buying online for the savings, but it is really hard not being able to see things in person and try them on. I live in a fairly large city, but it is surprising how few jewelry stores actually carry a variety of wedding bands in different styles in store. Most have plain half rounds and that is it. Being in Canada makes it iffy to order things and return them over and over again. And I would never have picked this style or width without seeing it on.

I did try wearing my yellow gold half round, which looked ok but the different color metals sort of took too much attention. I tried gold/plat round bands too, but found that for some reason, the soft knife edge worked best! Something about how the light hits the band's edge makes it look, from my own vieweing perspective, like the bandis *part of* the aurora. Anyways, they really look great from my view, which was my main hope in finding a band to pair.

The photos looks good, but somehow still don't capture (to me) the way that this set really looks like, well, a set! I am very happy. I would have liked platinum but it is very hard to find platinum bands at pawn shops and even on ebay for good prices, and new would have been about $600 for this style! :errrr: I was happy to get this heavy 18k band for much less.

I am so happy with this set now and wear it every day! :bigsmile: Even wiping baby bottoms ::)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dreamer,
Im in Ontario and other than Peoples, Mappins, Charm, Birks... and then a few independents, we do NOT have the awesome selection available in the US. It does hinder the options available and that's what I love about the PS forums - we get to see so many new options that aren't really readily available or accessible to us. I agree - it would be nice to try them on and I hate the pretend 'oh, I'm just looking at such and such' when I go to a B&M store. I do it... but I don't like to lie about my plans.

You chose well - your ring looks lovely with your selections!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
The new band looks perfect with your Aurora! I am thinking of a knife-edge WB, too. Would love to see pics of yours worn solo.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LittleRiver|1325458472|3093076 said:
The new band looks perfect with your Aurora! I am thinking of a knife-edge WB, too. Would love to see pics of yours worn solo.

Sure! Give me a moment.

Enrichi I feel your pain! Tiffany is the best place for window shopping because they have such a wide selection and quality goods. But there is not one close to me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results