shape
carat
color
clarity

places to go for a weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Any recommendations?? Vegas is always great for a little weekend get away with lots to do escpecially all the shows..I wonder if anyone can recommend another place for a weekend get away.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you flying/driving from?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry forgot to mention that.From Vancouver..Thanks

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about San Francisco? I loved the St. Francis w/the heavenly beds and also the Grand Hyatt is nice. It is right there in Union Station and you can ride the trolley.

Or Santa Fe, New Mexico; it is beautiful there right now. Stay in the Plaza area
9.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
New Orleans! You always have a grand time here in the Big Easy!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then Seattle isn''t probably the most exciting option for you.

There''s definitely lots to do in Vegas for sure, and cheap fares abound. Just check to make sure there isn''t a conference in town before you book your air, as hotel rates shoot through the roof. Weekends are already pricey as is.

If you could get to Seattle, Horizon Air flies nonstop into the rinky dink Santa Rosa airport, which is a convenient and lovely drive to wine country (Napa, etc). Of course, it probably makes more sense for you to fly Vancouver to San Francisco or San Jose directly.

If you''re thinking of going quite soon, how about Banff before it gets too cold?

What kinds of things to you like to do while on getaway?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Sedona! If you like the more outdoor type trip, it''s beautiful this time of year.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 5:23:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Then Seattle isn''t probably the most exciting option for you.
Seattle has CRAPPY weather right now. It''s grey out and just about to drizzle. I''d definetly stay away and INSTEAD go to San Diego. We just went there and had a BLAST. It was so much fun, for a short time I had my husband convinced that we should move there. He even picked up a load of for sale catalogues.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
MC: just wondering about the places to stay in San Diego.We were in San Diego years ago and had fun.Would be nice to re visit...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum, i''d vote new york. lots to do, lots to see. lots of everything.

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
The San Diego / SoCal area is fun for outdoors activities. Laguna Beach has fun shopping and whale/dolphin watching tours, and the Montage there is one of my favorite hotels. Further South is La Jolla which is a great place to spend a weekend hiking, shopping, and strolling. Over that way I like The Lodge at Torrey Pines, which is adjacent to some fantastic hiking that''ll bring you out way up on top of cliffs overlooking the ocean. Even further South is San Diego where the Dell Coronado is the place to stay, and you can hit the San Diego Zoo to see the pandas.

Another fun weekend idea is Monterey and Pebble Beach, lots to do in that area as well. Of if you like wine you can easily kill a couple days touring and tasting up in Sonoma/Napa.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NYC gets a little expensive this time of year...everyone wants to go there and enjoy the optimum weather. Sooo, you should come to the Midwest and experience the fall foliage (MN, WI, IL, IN, etc.)! Spend a weekend in a B&B in a semi-metropolitan area like Chicago, or Minneapolis, or even southern IN or KY, or OH, you''ll get to see the leaves change colors and you''ll have an inexpensive weekend as far as lodging and food, imo. Of course I am biased as I grew up in the midwest and now live 13 miles west of Chicago, hee hee!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
San Diego Recommnedations

Places I''ve stayed:

Hotel Del, I loved it (but it isn''t plush by some peoples'' standards, think antique...small rooms).
Rancho La Valencia (upscale, plush, romantic. Phenomenal place, but it''s not near downtown SD, it''s in Rancho Santa Fe, a beatiful upscale enclave community).

Places I haven''t stayed, but enjoyed other amenities:

The Grande Colonial in La Jolla. (Nine-Ten, the restaurant in the hotel, is my favorite in the San Diego area, the hotel itself is just upscale quaint and lovely).
Torrey Pines (been for lunch and for a massage, it''s rustic and very pretty).

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone.I thought I posted last night , but must have clicked cancel??? ANyways N Y is too far for a weekend, Seattle is now wet and cool.S Francisco,S Diego sound good.Many thanks for recommendations in S Francisco and in S Diego.I shall keep the other destination in mind for future consideration...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results