shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Tourmaline Cabochon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It sure is nice, but then, tourmalines are really great candidates for some fantastic cabs. They''re rarely very clean, but are often clean enough not to make a cab completely opaque.

About setting it - I''m not sure you should set all three of these in the same piece. Although all are nice in some way and have similar colors (tone is the main difference), I like the star rose quartz WAAAY better than the other two and I think it deserves to be set separatelly. It looks surreal! Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but it''s my honest opinion
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a piece of gummy candy! I’m with Ma Re that the pink and purple cabs can go in a bangle together but the star rose quartz should be by itself.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your thoughts and nice comments Cind, Linda, amguy, mariedtiger, Gypsy, ma re, and Chrono.

Lots of food for thought.

I also recently got this star garnet from The gem trader, but the dark color keeps it from being a real favorite of mine.

Maybe the star rose quartz for a fabulous bezel ring, and the pink tourmaline for a bangle, and hold off on setting the other two. Just thinking aloud... I love the pink of the star rose quartz. It really is fabulous and while I don''t always see the entire star, often a leg or two floats through the stone. Very cool.

This gem collecting is really fun.
1.gif

StarSix5628a.JPG

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful colour --- and a great collection of cabs you have!

Sorry I don''t have any setting ideas....
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results