shape
carat
color
clarity

pink sapphire melee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
In costco today I saw a heart pendant that had diamonds, yellow sapphire melee and pink sapphire melee. It was really very pretty. I am thinking of a creating a pendant and having a jeweller around here make it and perhaps I would like pink sapphire melee. Do any of you have any information as to places where that could be sourced and about how much it would cost? I found an old post asking about this--but it was quite old, from 2007, I think.

I assume that there is a big cost difference between that and irradiated pink diamonds?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
For comparison, Stuller sells natural pink melee and pink sapphire. The pink sapphire is about 1/2 the cost of the pink melee. A 1.5mm sapphire lists at $12.45 and the same sized pink diamond at $27, (the "intense" pink diamond in this size lists at $89). These diamonds are I1 clarity. Your jeweler may be willing to discount from this or throw in the labor as a freebie...they may even have other sources with better clarity or prices, so this note is just for comparative purposes.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert, but judging by THIS you might end up paying more for having them set than for the stones themselves. Be sure to check with your jeweller about the cost of having them set, especially if there''s a lot of stones in question.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with Ma Re that the labour cost required to reproduce that setting is probably going to cost more than what you see at Costco unless you get it done someplace where labour is cheap like Thailand or China.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/3/2009 4:07:48 AM
Author: ma re
I'm no expert, but judging by THIS you might end up paying more for having them set than for the stones themselves. Be sure to check with your jeweller about the cost of having them set, especially if there's a lot of stones in question.
I almost bought these, but I bought light blue ones instead, same size, and yep, I bought 9 and having Julia from Etsy create a bracelet with them, and believe me, it cost almost 10x more than the stones...lol.. but i knew it was going to cost quite a bit more than the stone itself

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is that the costco sapphires are probably beryllium diffused (kind of like dying the stone), so just something to note in case treatment disturbs you, even with mellees.

LembeckGems

Rough_Rock
I would have to agree with tourm lover. most of the melee I see is diffused.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results