shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Eye...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Wondering if I have pink eye, anyone ever had had it?? My eye is red and burning I have a headache on that side too. I know I should go to the Dr but it is Sat. afternnon and I will have to wait till Monday. Any thoughts?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I had pink eye about three times a year for my first three years in college (the wonders of dorm living.) I''ve never had a headache associated with pink eye, but my eyes always got very pink and irritated and they''d be crusted over with gunky stuff when I woke up in the mornings.

You should definitely see a doctor. He/she can determine if it''s viral or bacterial, and prescribe antibacterial eye drops that will make it go away if it''s bacterial.

In the meantime, switch from contacts to glasses (if this applies to you) and stop wearing any eye makeup. And although it''s really really hard when it itches, try NOT to touch it. Since most people touch their eyes and face a lot more than they realize, wash your hands a lot and/or carry around antibacterial lotion. It''s incredibly contagious.

Good luck!

Blenheim

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Deffinately thinking it is pink eye, totally crusty eye this morning and a bit itchy burning and very red
8.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Uggggh... I had pink eye once started in one eye during the week & by Monday it was in both... horrible!

Whatever you do make sure you don''t transfer the infection into your good eye. That means wash your hands frequently & above all don''t use a tissue or anything else on the infected eye & forget & rub your good eye.

That''s what I did unknowingly... By the time I got to the doctor I couldn''t see out of either eye. All I remember is it felt like sand paper in my eyes & a burning sensation.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
definitely could be conjunctivitis. viral infections will need to work their way out and are pretty self limiting. bacterial usually go away eventually but definitely can be helped with drops. if you cant make it to the doctor until tomorrow, try using frequent warm compresses on your eye, non preserved artificial tears to help soothe and flush your eyes (over the counter, try Refresh plus or thera tears non preserved), do not touch your face or eyes, and try to keep your pillowcases and towels clean. Also, I know its hard when you are sound asleep, try to fall asleep on the side of the affected eye, so if your tears drain out they wont run into the good eye.

Your doc will probably give you some drops if its bacterial probably 4 times a day to use for about a week or so. Definitely dont wear your contacts and if you were wearing them when your eye became irritated, toss them and your CL case. same thing with mascara.

if its very red probably bacterial. viral is usually pink and pretty watery, while bacterial gets crusty and "meaty red.

let us know how it goes!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Also, since it is very contageous...don''t use the same towel as other members of your family, and change your towel every day. You can also use a warm/hot wet washcloth on the bad eye to try to drain some of the pus out of it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didja go to the doctor? I''ve had pink eye and they prescribed gentamycin drops. Definitely no glasses, no eye makeup, no spreading germs! Wash your hands and don''t touch your eye!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
well yes I went to the Dr. and it is pink eye, very mild case though. He gave me drops, and my eye feels batter today. It really was gross looking!!! Thanks for all you input!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you went to the doc. It should heal pretty quickly. How is the baby doing??
1.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add in my first post that you should throw out all your eye makeup and buy new stuff any time you have an eye infection. We all really should every 3-4 months anyway (but I''m sure most of us don''t) because bacteria can harbor in warm moist containers like mascara.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a good point pebbles eye infection or not. I''m throwing out my old mascara now.
3.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
My eye is doing much better, just a tad crusty this AM!!!! I do have to go thru my make up and toss, I don''t do that enough.

Kaleigh, Zeke is doing awesome!! He is the calmest most content baby I have ever met, no one can believe how "low maintenence" he is!! He is sleeping about 7 hours at night now, which means the world to me!! Here is a recent pic

DSC01708_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results