shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RB2

Rough_Rock
Hello All.
I am very new to this and just found this site. I am looking to propose to my girlfriend this year, and I would love to get her a purple or pink diamond as I know she loves these colors. I know you can get pink, but what about purple? Does anyone have a good idea of the price range or a reputable source for these stones?

Also I really like the Lucida setting at Tiffany, can they get these stones or will they set a stone from somewhere else? Is there anyone who makes setting of a similar style?

Thanks so much for you insight and help.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what your budget is, but a good-sized pink or pinky-purple stone is beyond the means of most people--unless it''s a light pink. Check out Icestore, which has a good selection, for price guidelines:
http://www.icestore.com/search/fancy_pink_diamonds.asp

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow... they sure are pretty!! but i had no idea that they are THAT pricey! holy crap
6.gif
6.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a beautiful BIG pink diamond ring with white diamond sides....beautiful stone and setting (purchased buy a professional athlete), but the price was over $200,000.!!!
emdgust.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purple diamond... just saw one in flesh. Small too.

What do you have in mind ?

I would ask Josef Herskovits or Kenneth Glasser for starters.
34.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
How about a pink sappehire? Pink and purple diamonds are VERY expensive! [$$)]

Good luck.
35.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I never knew colored diamonds were that expensive!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Generally speaking, a 1.00 diamond that looks pink will start at about $15,000- IF it's extrmely faint pink- if it's got a nice pink shade, it's going top start in above $50k.
Purple is the same story- if not more expensive.

THere are some pink diamonds with brownish overtonces ( or brown with pinkish overtones)
THese' well be a fraction of a "pure" pink- although the best of pink brown diamonds is still going to be quite expensive.

Hope this helps!

amytude

Shiny_Rock
If I had the money to spend, I''d buy a pink diamond. Are they beautiful or what??? I love fancy colored diamonds in a radiant cut. Boy, do they sparkle! I''d stick with a reg. diamond--maybe you could accent it with pink sapphires? My color tastes have changed in the last 15 yrs--what I liked then is not what I like these days. Then again, your g/f may be different. Good luck!

RB2

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your help and insight. I am pretty sure that my girlfriend would love it as she loves pink and purple even more. I have had a little time to look into it,and I think I would like to get her a diamond that is at least 2 ct minimum and the cost of a fancy colored diamond at that size may be a bit too much at this time. So I think a beautiful diamond will be just as wonderful. Maybe I can get here fancy diamond on the wedding band or another pieced of jewelry later.

Along that line, can anyone point me in the direction of an outstanding source for that perfect stone?

Thanks again....RB2

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Good Old Gold - I have bought stones from Jon and am very happy with the service and quality of the stones!

You can also input the specs of the stone u want on the "Pricescope your diamond" tool at the top of the forum and it will bring up a list of vendors with the stone you''re looking for
1.gif

aeli

Rough_Rock
A little cheesey, but I love this heart shaped pink diamond from Blue Nile.

Anyway, as for a great source for that perfect stone, I think you''ve found it. Once you''ve figured out exactly what you''re looking for (reading the tutorials is a great help), I''d plug the desired numbers into the search engine on the PS homepage. A lot of PSers seem to have had great experiences with the vendors listed. Custom settings are a great idea too (get exactly what you want without paying the premium for a brand name - although I can be a sucker for brand names myself...
20.gif
).

I realize you''re looking for a diamond, but sapphires really are a great alternative and come in a wide variety of colors. Check out www.cherrypicked.com. I believe Nicole Richie just got engaged with a pink sapphire ring.

mememe.jpg

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I saw that pink diamond ring on Blue Nile last night... isn''t is around $360,000 or so?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2005 2:38:11 PM
Author: amytude

I''d stick with a reg. diamond--maybe you could accent it with pink sapphires?

Speaking of which
2.gif

227128h.JPG
15187e.JPG

Pink Frame.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana, you''ve done it again! love the last ring: center ascher w/pink sides!

peace, movie zombie

ps do you ever sleep?!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
If she really loves pink/purple I''d seriously consider getting her a beautiful pink sapphire - you could probably get a large and really beautiful one, in an ornate diamond setting (like a pave band and possibly pave around the stone?) that would combine the best of both worlds, but not require the selling of any organs
1.gif
If she loves pink she might prefer that to a diamond centre stone ... but it''s probably best to figure that out! lol.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2005 1:48:10 AM
Author: movie zombie

do you ever sleep?!
Yeah... it must be that 8 hour time zone gap stryking again
2.gif

Anyway, if it ever comes to pink sapphire versus 2 carat diamond... the competing choice might look like this one below. Color aside, the diamond would be spectacularly smaller too.
20.gif

P243_1_12272004105406AM

mustang9

Rough_Rock
Nicole Richie has a HUGE pink sapphire(her birthstorne) engagement ring with what looked like white diamonds surrounding it. It was quite beautiful. I saw it on Ellen on Monday morning.

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE pink and purple sapphires. On the hardness scale they are just below a diamond and the beauty is incredible. If someone gave me an engagement ring with them I would be thrilled.
emthup.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results