shape
carat
color
clarity

pink diamond pricing help/advice pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vero143

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for approx 1.5c marquise stone and recently found one in natural faint pink (gia cert) I had never heard og these colored/fancy diamonds... Now I have spent hours researching and seem to be going in circles... Some forums state if its faint its not fancy, so my question becomes what is it worth compared to a SI1, H stone... The faint pink is VS1

Thank you in advance

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Faint Pink is not considered FANCY!!!

It could be compared to Collection colour, (D,E,F, Colour) as far as pricing is concerned...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2005 9:38:08 AM
Author: DiaGem

It could be compared to Collection colour, (D,E,F, Colour) as far as pricing is concerned...
Of course I agree, but DiaGem is by far the expert between the two of us.

For what that matters, the ''faint pink'' mark is just enough to make the stone a more personal and desirable choice against colorless, let alone H-SI1.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One way to look at this would be to find some other faint pinks and very light pinks and compare prices with D color and same clarity. I woudl expect them to be a hair more expensive, but not much (comparable with the price variation for D color among sellers, say).

You may not find many in the weight range and marquise cut, but even some less than 1 carat will probably give some idea. There are several between .5 and 1-something carats with GIA reports listed by www.Fancydiamonds.com at this time. It can''t hurt to take a look.

I am not sure if Icestore might have any - but there is a good chance.

This can only be an exercise of approximation. If you are buyig from a local shop they probably charge for the opportunity to see the stones in person on top of what you see online.

Just my 0.2 worth
38.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock

Hi everyone!

It is quite difficult to put a value on a faint pink diamond.

Is it fancy? Well, that is a question of opinion.

If the word "fancy" being on the GIA report is the deciding factor, than no, it''s not a "Fancy"

Yet, we have seen faint pink diamonds which definately showed colorm, and would be considered by many veiwers to be a "Fancy Colored Diamond"

There are so few around that trying to estimate an average value is all but impossible.

I''ve seen Faint Pink one carat diamonds which had price tags in the $12,000 range- more than all but a very clean, or flawless D color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results