shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Diamond Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I ended up buying the pink diamond. It showed no indications of fracture filling. I also haggled the vender down to $175. I used the inclusions leverage ;-).
Here it is!!!

pdks.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
pic 2 Really shows the color

PDKS88.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pink diamond next to my G-H white diamond. Didnt work as well as I thought...my diamond is picking up the pink.

PDKS3.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the specs on the stone again, just for reference? Can you take a pic of it against a grey card?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
.31 cts This stone is impossable to phtotgraph, always blurry. Why a grey background? Here is one on my scale. Its the only grey thing I own lol.

PDks998.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A grey background helps to show the body color better. Many gems are photographed on a grey background. It''s a very light pink, a faint pink, but I do now see pink!! Thanks for the picture. What are your plans for it?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ah okies :). I dont like the grey at all, it shows more color then how it looks on the grey. It looks depressing there. Its more like what the mirror pic shows.
For the price, its nice. 175 is cheap for even a white diamond. The guy had a 9.5ct BRIGHT yellow diamond he offered for 4k. Dave had do drag me out of there! I was about to jump all over it. I am still kicking Dave in the butt for not letting me buy it.

I actually want to make it i nto a ring. I already plan on setting it in pink gold with white melee diamonds on the side.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 12:44:46 PM
Author: Tropicgal10
Ah okies :). I dont like the grey at all, it shows more color then how it looks on the grey. It looks depressing there. Its more like what the mirror pic shows.
For the price, its nice. 175 is cheap for even a white diamond. The guy had a 9.5ct BRIGHT yellow diamond he offered for 4k. Dave had do drag me out of there! I was about to jump all over it. I am still kicking Dave in the butt for not letting me buy it.

I actually want to make it i nto a ring. I already plan on setting it in pink gold with white melee diamonds on the side.
Well, I think the problem is in your camera too. It doesn''t seem to take very good color photos. I had the same problem with my last camera.

I think it''s a good price. A 9.5 ct bright yellow diamodn for 4K? Sounds kind of iffy to me.
33.gif

Sounds like a fun project. I am working on getting my 4.8mm pink diamond round set as well. Aren''t colored diamonds fun?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HAHA its a cheap 69$ walmart kodak camera. It makes all my stones look depressing, but it workes. I bought it when we went to disney.

The 9.5 was pretty, SI1 (wasnt certed so my grading). He diamond tested it for me. But that would drain us and Dave wont let me do that LOL.

I like colored diamonds. My next one I want is a blue (natural, I have nuked ones) diamond.

How are you planning on setting yours? I chose rose gold cause I think it will make the diamond pinker.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 1:00:32 PM
HAHA its a cheap 69$ walmart kodak camera. It makes all my stones look depressing, but it workes. I bought it when we went to disney.

The 9.5 was pretty, SI1 (wasnt certed so my grading). He diamond tested it for me. But that would drain us and Dave wont let me do that LOL.

I like colored diamonds. My next one I want is a blue (natural, I have nuked ones) diamond.

How are you planning on setting yours? I chose rose gold cause I think it will make the diamond pinker.
Tell Dave to at least let you get a new camera - LOL!!

If you're a Pricescoper, it's a requirement!!
2.gif

I'm doing a double diamond halo, diamond single shank, all in white gold, and a pink basket and rose gold prongs.

Natural blue diamonds are very very very expensive. Even tiny ones are quite a bit of $$$.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it, it appears to be an icy light pink. Pretty!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty diamond Tropicalgal!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 2:34:18 PM
Author: IndyLady
ditto.

though I kind of have to wonder would pink/red gold make it appear whiter? its quite pale which is why I''m asking.

-A

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I would also set it in rose gold to bring out the pink.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/7/2010 2:45:43 PM
Author: Arcadian

ditto.

though I kind of have to wonder would pink/red gold make it appear whiter? its quite pale which is why I''m asking.

-A
I thought about that as well. But I am going to have white diamonds in the shank. With white diamonds next to it, it is obviously pink, so it will bring out the pink in the diamond, and then the rose gold will accent that.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
rose gold would be fab!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 3:00:02 PM

Date: 1/7/2010 2:45:43 PM
Author: Arcadian

ditto.

-A
I thought about that as well. But I am going to have white diamonds in the shank. With white diamonds next to it, it is obviously pink, so it will bring out the pink in the diamond, and then the rose gold will accent that.
36.gif
that sounds like a plan!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you aren’t going with rose gold because I’m worried it might overpower the pink diamond with too much coppery colour. The idea of white diamond accents is great!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a fun project, can''t wait to see it finished!

I would definitely recommend RG for you stone, I think it will help bring out it''s pinkness!!!

I have a few pink diamonds and one purple diamond set in RG and it looks great with the stones :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay SCN, where''s the purple diamond!!! I want to see it!! Did you post pics of it?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, definitely white diamond accents!
36.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2010 12:55:49 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Okay SCN, where''s the purple diamond!!! I want to see it!! Did you post pics of it?
I''m not sure it I''ve posted any-but will work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results