shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of our Akbash puppy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am so excited I cant help but share my great news. Let me start out by staying that my husband is in the Navy and we are moving to Georgia next month for shore duty. We have always wanted to rent a home with lots of land where we can have chickens and hopefully other animals in the near future. Anyways I''m not sure if you have ever herd of an akbash dog but they are great protectors and companion dogs. Originally from Turkey, they have been bread for 3,000 years to protect livestock. They are such beautiful dogs and I just want to share pictures of the litter our pup will be from, I already have a $200 hold on a male. YAAA I am also including random pictures of akbash dogs I found on the web.

litter12-07-081-1.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwwwww CUTE!! The puppies are like tiny polar bears!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Awww they''re so cute!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Sandra, they''re gorgeous! Congratulations!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww how cute! What do they look like grown up?

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple picture of an adult sorry they are small

AkbashDogKuzco.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! They look like a Great Pyranees. Are you experienced with larger, protector type dogs? They come with unique training and excercise/work needs.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! I bet they are a handful though!

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
I have been around large dogs a lot but I have never owned one. George is going to be a lot of work but I have the time to guide him, I will be the one keeping the home fire burning and george will learn to watch the chickens until we build our livestock. I have been doing a lot of reseach on these dogs. They do best on farms with a lot of land and a flock to guard. But acutely they are great companion dogs as well. The only true requirements is having the time, money and patients along with a large fenced yard for them to run around. 1/4 acre minimum but they don''t need to have a lot of flock to live a happy life.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely lovely. My dad was interested in one of these, actually! We used to have a Bull Mastiff, so he''s big on large dogs.

Those puppies look like sweethearts!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful breed
30.gif
30.gif
The puppies are too precious for words!!

Sounds like you guys really did your homework and are prepared to take on the workload of this baby - can''t wait to see pics when he comes home and as he grows (and grows, and grows...)
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, adorable!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful dogs!
30.gif
I have a soft spot for massive dogs! How long until you have your pup? Did I miss that?

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
They''re adorable! Reminds me of a mix of golden retriever and Alaska husky.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
My George will be ready in 8 weeks!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Sandra!!!
9.gif
36.gif

And thanks for sharing! I had never heard of this breed before. The adults are GORGEOUS and the puppies are ADORABLE!!!
30.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Is there any chance of you having to move overseas again? Can you bring along your dog it your husband gets moved?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
They''re adorable (although, what puppy isnt?!)
30.gif

Do you know if they shed a lot? I would like to someday get a larger dog but it would have to be one that doesn''t shed since I tend to be more allergic to those breeds.

Congrats on your new puppy (2 months will fly by!) and on the move.
36.gif

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
We don''t plan on going overseas again, maybe one sea tour closer to retirement. We are really sick of deployments. He has been away so much. Out of this whole calender year he has spent 5 months out to sea and the remainder in Hawaii. I''m thankful that I was able to spend some time with him there but I don''t always get that lucky. We plan to stay on Georgia for shore and our next sea tour unless we really don''t like it there. We just want a little stability.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack!! So cute!!!!!!

Date: 12/9/2008 9:34:14 AM
Author: SandraPaneczko
last one

AkbashDogTeddy1YearOld3.JPG
That is quite a wolf-dog!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
what an interesting breed...cute puppy

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 1:07:01 PM
Author: musey
Ack!! So cute!!!!!!

Date: 12/9/2008 9:34:14 AM
Author: SandraPaneczko
last one

AkbashDogTeddy1YearOld3.JPG
That is quite a wolf-dog!
That''s what I was gonna say! They look like lab-wolves! Cute cute cute.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That is a BEAUTIFUL dog. I wish I had the land for a dog like that. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results