shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of faceted Jackson Crossroad''s Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
The following six pictures are of the two pieces of faceted JXR amethyst that I bought last weekend in Georgia. I apologize in advance for these not looking better, but a photographer I am not. I did not color enhance these in any way, just cropped and resized them. Some of the photos show different colors, but with these stones, they look different from different angles, especially when the amount of light hitting them is varied.

Here we go. On the left is a 3.45 ct. 8mmx8mm cut-cornered square cut by Jerry Call. As you will see in some of the other pictures, it''s a pretty cool cut for a stone I think. It has a REALLY high crown on it. If I were to guess, I would say 35-40% of the height of the stone is above the girdle. I don''t know if you can see it very well, but it almost exhibits 4 hearts in the bottom of the stone when looking directly down through the table. On the right is a 3.03 10mmx8mm emerald cut JXR amethyst. Very pretty and throws off lots of color, especially in the corners of the stone.

am9.JPG

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
A little different angle than the first picture. These were all taken on a plain white sheet of typing paper.

am10.JPG

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
I got a little too much flash on this one I think and the two stones look a little over-exposed. I added a quarter in the photo to give some size perspective as well as a piece of African amethyst rough. The rough looks basically black in person until you back-light it.

am13.JPG

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Different angle here. Sorry about the cotton fragments on the center stone. I didn''t see those until my psuedo-photoshoot was completed.

am3.JPG

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Another photo putting a whole bunch of light into the stones. You can see the faceting on the left stone a little better with this angle and the over-exposure.

am51.JPG

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
And last, but not least, I tossed in my piece of JXR rough that I got in Georgia as well. In person, this rough has very distinct areas of coloring and is not very saturated as this picture would have you think. In fact, there are angles at which it almost appears colorless in sunlight. The "hearts" in the Jerry Call stone on the left are almost visible in this shot.

Thanks for checking these pics out and hope they can help some of you who were wondering what they looked like.

am81.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pictures, Haywood. I''m really liking that square Call stone. Very nice light return and lovely purple color.

I found that it was very difficult to photograph my amethyst stones. They seem to be strange beasts that way. My camera makes them a lot more blue than they appear to my eye. I''m sure it is some techy thing that can probably be adjusted. But, just taking lots of pictures in different lighting gave me some that I was reasonably happy with.

Interesting shots of the rough. Very nice.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colour, especially the square one.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Yes, definitely tough to photograph and come out with a natural looking color. Side by side, in person, the two stones look almost identical in color. When I photographed them, the emerald cut looked a lot lighter than it really is. I think most of it was too much flash going into it. Thanks for the compliments!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Those are some beautiful stones..see lots of blue in them...i don''t know if you spoke with any of the vendors at the show but they call it the "georgia blue flash". jerry call does excellent work..pretty much all the mine owners in North carolina, South carolina, and Georgia all send Jerry their best material to cut..you will see many a top stone cut by Jerry..he does bang up work(he also owns a gem mine in brazil..the rio doce)...pretty much amethyst has to have a good strong red or blue color otherwise it''s just a purple stone like the millions of them out there..needs that extra kick of color and uniqueness..not only do you have some beautiful stones but it''s also an american locality..any gemstone from america of an equal color and quality will be worth more than a comprable stone from another part of the world..just like a Maine or a california tourmaline will cost more than one from brazil or Afghanistan..very cool haywood..thanks for the pics

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting these! Great stones and pretty photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results