shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures! My Cushion and Custom Greenlake Setting Have Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 9:21:13 PM
Author: Shay37
Well, let me be the first to say that thanks to your ring and this thread I have been BANNED from PS!!!!
29.gif
2.gif
31.gif

No, not Andrey, no, not Ali, My DH said that if I get that much drool on his keyboard again, he''s taking me to the vet for a procedure because I could not possibly be human.
9.gif
11.gif

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your ring!
30.gif
30.gif

shay
LOL ! Sorry to hear you''re banned.
1.gif
Hopefully the vet is a last resort.

Glad to hear you liked it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mm, mm! i had to come back for more lookies.... and to congratulate you on becoming engaged and on a beautiful proposal. you certainly did handle the 'new arrivals' situation with class,
36.gif

i must add, seeing her hand shots with her great nail color inspired me to paint my nails red again... something i used to do often but haven't in many years. i'm quite enjoying it, so please thank your gal!
2.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
pauly, did you resolve that black on the side stone issue and if so, what was it?

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 1:29:02 PM
Author: surfgirl
pauly, did you resolve that black on the side stone issue and if so, what was it?

I have a call out to Greenlake, and I''m waiting to hear back. I don''t believe it''s dirt, I think it''s the stone itself. As I was trying to explain before, if you look at the stone under a loupe, there is a dark area around the culet, could be an inclusion. If the stone was set at the same level as the other two, I don''t you think you would notice it as much. But because the stone sits up a little higher because of the bezel sapphires below, it tends to stand out a little more. You really have to catch the light very specifically to see it, and if I didn''t point it out you probably would never notice it. Nonetheless, we want to have the stone swapped out for another. Hopefully this won''t be an issue. Will keep you posted.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CURIOUS WHAT YOU ARE THINKING OF FOR BANDS. DON''T DETRACT FROM THAT AMAZING RING!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Pauly, I''ve been here a loooooooooooooong time, and that has to be one of the most breathtaking rings I''ve ever seen here.

Every last detail is AMAZING. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE how the ring floats from the side, and the sapphires? TO DIE FOR.

Seriously.....you did such an amazing job, it could make a gal weep.
30.gif
30.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Pauly, what a beautiful ring! It looks stunning on her hand, you did such an amazing job! Congratulations on your engagment!

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 10:06:36 PM
Author: motownmama
CURIOUS WHAT YOU ARE THINKING OF FOR BANDS. DON'T DETRACT FROM THAT AMAZING RING!
To be honest we haven't even thought about it, we're to busy trying to plan this wedding for the fall. I agree with you though, it will be a fairly simple band.

Allison, Gemma - Thank you, I was very happy the way things turned out, and more importantly, so was she !

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
No matter what it is, I''d swap it out too. It seems weird that you didn''t notice it at first and now it''s there...Wait, is it in the initial photos you posted here?

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 5:03:24 PM
Author: surfgirl
No matter what it is, I'd swap it out too. It seems weird that you didn't notice it at first and now it's there...Wait, is it in the initial photos you posted here?
No, I can't pick it up in any of those photos (I might notice a little something on pg. 3, the last photo labeled "Just tell me when to stop", but I couldn;t say for sure. It only shows itself in a certain type of lighting. Ironically, we tend to notice it more when we are out at dinner in dim lighting, or under low lighting. In the sunlight, it's much harder to see, it's really weird. I do believe it's been there since day 1, and we just never noticed it. If not, I don't know what could have happened in those 2 weeks to make it change like that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can believe it was there all along, and you just didn''t notice it at first. Glad you''re getting it swapped, no sense in it bugging her/you.

missmg9

Rough_Rock
What an amazing story - I loved reading the whole thing, and especially the part where you proposed. She''s a lucky woman. I can''t believe how stunning that blue is surrounded by the white diamonds.... and how great it makes the diamonds look. Great job! :)

Congrats

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 5:50:56 PM
Author: Ellen
I can believe it was there all along, and you just didn''t notice it at first. Glad you''re getting it swapped, no sense in it bugging her/you.

Hey guys, a quick update. The stone didn''t need to be pulled out, which makes me really happy. They are pretty sure it was polishing compound from when the ring was resized. Needless to say I probably won''t be using that jeweler again. After an overnight soak and a lot of steam I''m told it''s good as new and on the way back.
I''m sure I''ll have the ring polished at some point down the road. Now I know, I just need to make sure they clean it very very well.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 3:47:41 PM
Author: pauly1

Hey guys, a quick update. The stone didn''t need to be pulled out, which makes me really happy. They are pretty sure it was polishing compound from when the ring was resized. Needless to say I probably won''t be using that jeweler again. After an overnight soak and a lot of steam I''m told it''s good as new and on the way back.

I''m sure I''ll have the ring polished at some point down the road. Now I know, I just need to make sure they clean it very very well.
Hey Pauly,

When I saw that you had posted, I clicked hoping that it was new pictures of your FI''s BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, WONDERFUL, TO DIE FOR, MARVELOUS, ring!!! I just can''t seem to get enough of it! I don''t think I ever got to post on this thread but this is one that I keep coming back to over and over again! Love love love it!!!
30.gif

(I think this was a hint that we...ummm, I...need new pics!!)
31.gif

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 4:10:44 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Hey Pauly,

When I saw that you had posted, I clicked hoping that it was new pictures of your FI''s BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, WONDERFUL, TO DIE FOR, MARVELOUS, ring!!! I just can''t seem to get enough of it! I don''t think I ever got to post on this thread but this is one that I keep coming back to over and over again! Love love love it!!!
30.gif

(I think this was a hint that we...ummm, I...need new pics!!)
31.gif
Thank you! I think I can help. I don''t have any new handshots, I''ve been bad with those. However I do have a few other pictures. Please excuse the polishing compound (now that I know what it is)
1.gif

aaaaDSC01113.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

aaaDSC01067.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

aaaDSC01110.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

aaaDSC01116.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
oops, not sure waht happened on that last one

aaaDfSC01127.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Last one

aaaDSC01138.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can believe it was there all along, and you just didn't notice it at first. Glad you're getting it swapped, no sense in it bugging her/you.

Hey guys, a quick update. The stone didn't need to be pulled out, which makes me really happy. They are pretty sure it was polishing compound from when the ring was resized. Needless to say I probably won't be using that jeweler again. After an overnight soak and a lot of steam I'm told it's good as new and on the way back.

I'm sure I'll have the ring polished at some point down the road. Now I know, I just need to make sure they clean it very very well.
36.gif

I'm so glad that's all it was.

And thanks for indulging us with more eye candy. I love them all, but out of this batch, I honestly think I love the "quiet" one the best.
5.gif
(next to last)

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 5:57:14 PM

36.gif

I''m so glad that''s all it was.

And thanks for indulging us with more eye candy. I love them all, but out of this batch, I honestly think I love the ''quiet'' one the best.
5.gif
(next to last)
woohoo.gif
Thanks for posting more pics!
36.gif
You''re the best!

I agree with Ellen...that pic is just stunning!
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
LOL, thanks ladies. I think I''ve gotten a little too caught up in the fire.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 7:51:40 PM
LOL, thanks ladies. I think I''ve gotten a little too caught up in the fire.
1.gif
What? Blasphemy!!
9.gif

Nevah.
2.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is going to faint! What great taste you have! It looks like a gorgeous heirloom piece that she will enjoy for eternity! Congratulations on your impending Marriage. It is no doubt with your impeccable sense of taste........SHE WILL SAY YES!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
SO glad to hear it was just polishing compound! Phew! Still love that ring. GORgeous. And that new photo, the "quiet" one? Divine.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

Hi there! I wasn’t sure if it should start a new post or pick up where I left off a few months ago…

Anyway, I wanted to get some feedback on my Fiancé’s wedding band. The wedding isn’t until the fall, but I case you couldn’t tell, I’m definitely a plan ahead kind of guy. The engagement ring was very well received, so she’s pretty much given me the go ahead to design the band. Of course she’ll need to approve it, but I think she trusts me at this point. :) You guys were all so helpful with the engagement ring, I figured I would get some suggestions and thoughts on what would be a nice compliment. I’m definitely using Greenlake again, and I’m sure my designer will have some thoughts of her own. She was really good the first time.

I guess I’m interested in hearing about mistakes people have made in the past. I don’t want the band to detract from the ring, and neither does she. It needs to be a nice balance. Thanks again for any suggestions; this board has been such a great resource.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there!

If it were me, I'd just want a nice engraved band. Something that flowed with the Ering, didn't distract, just added to. Maybe duplicate some of the engraving from what's on the Ering?

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ellen! I''ll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results