shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures from my second dress fitting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Even though I''m 3.5+ months out from the wedding, my dress story is a love-hate relationship and I HAD to get it altered for me to fall back in love with it. Looking back, I was totally overreacting. (some of you probably remember my post where I was totally not excited when my dress came in...)

Long story short - fell in love with sample dress. Dress is a trumpet/mermaid. Sample dress was 6 sizes too big so I we clipped the dress and it looked nice and tight around my hips and waist. Bought the dress, totally excited.

Dress arrives. Although it was my size, my hips (which are itty bitty) were drowning in the dress. Completely ruined the effect, and I started to despise the dress. For about 4 months, I have been so NOT excited about my dress, and tried to even avoid the thought of wearing it!

So, I scheduled my fitting pretty early because I needed to fall back in love with my dress. It totally did the trick! For all you brides out there who aren''t in love with your dress yet, give it a chance until it gets altered.

It fits me perfectly now! Amazing around the hips/waist. Couldn''t be happier and I am on cloud nine about my dress again!

Also, I adore the bustle. Because the train is long, and lots of netting underneath, the only bustle option was a pickup. I don''t really like pickups all that much, so she created a unique bustle where it picks up in one point, to display the detail on the back, but the sides "sweep" up and it looks so gorgeous and elegant.

I cannot wait to wear this on June 26!!!!

Sorry the pics are badly angled - my one complaint about the seamstress was that she hustled me out of there and my poor MOH had about 2 minutes to get some pics.

IMG_0614123a.jpg

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one side of the bustle, just pinned. I love it!

IMG_0608123a.jpg

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Another view of the bustle, just one side done, also showing the lowered back (I had Casablanca lower the back about 1.5 inches.)

IMG_0611123a.jpg

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
At the reception, with dress bustled and me chatting away, I figure this is exactly what it will look like
9.gif

Also, my only jewelry for the day (with exception of veil at ceremony) are very bling-y drop earrings. I can totally imagine them with this picture and I think it will look so awesome!

IMG_0612123a.jpg

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Last one, a side shot with the train un-bustled.

IMG_0613123a.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you''re happy!! You look gorgeous and I think your plan for just drop earrings sounds great!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous on you - gorgeous dress!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful! Can''t wait to see the wedding pics:)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! Beautiful! Looks fantastic on you!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
LWM you look stunning!

Also, your wedding is 6 days after mine and man you seem to be sooo on top of it! I''m lagging compared to you!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you love your dress again, it is beautiful on you and the train is so dramatic. Love the bustle also.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Your dress looks great on you! Congrats!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
LWM, you look stunning!!!!!!! I love the dress on you! Holy Moley!!! I''m glad everything worked out for you and you''re in love with your dress again!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look gorgeous, and the dress fits perfectly!!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty and the bustle looks great too.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear that you''re back in love wtih your dress
you look lovely!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it all worked out!!!!!!! You look stunning!!!!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
you look beautiful!!! i really love the bustle!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
yay! glad things worked out for you. your dress is really elegant and you have a very graceful neckline that looks wonderful with the gown.
emotion-19.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love that bustle! So unique. Stunning, darling!

gls

Shiny_Rock
You look amazing! Congrats on finding your dream dress!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Looks great.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous dress! and that bustle is fantastic!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is to die for gorgeous! I love the shape and the detailing is amazing!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Your dress looks great. This makes me feel so much better about mine. My wedding is 3 weeks before yours and I just had my first fitting. I cant wait for the second fitting when the dress actually fits somewhat and isnt hanging off of me!!

Its great that you love your dress again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results