shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of Wedding Gift from Mr. October2008bride!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo I figure you might want to see this haha!

FI and I spent a few minutes alone on the Friday night after the rehearsal dinner to kind of chill out and exchange gifts. I was going to give his to his brother and have him surprise FI with it when getting ready on Saturday, but realized that I wanted to see his reaction!

He loved his gift and pulled out mine - in a little red box! Woo hoo! Jewellery! haha

And this is what he gave me!

Sapphire Band 001.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful OB, and it looks lovely on your hand. What a sweet hubby you have, very thoughtful.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw- yay fun!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
A sapphire and diamond eternity band!!! (Sorry for the rough pics - no sun here!)

The most romantic part of it is that for our second anniversary of dating, he gave me a shared prong 7 stone sapphire and diamond band, and he had the jeweller use some of the old sapphires in the band (all new diamonds though), so what was just a dating band is now an eternity band!

You can actually see the difference between the new sapphires and the old sapphires from the side as the old ones are pretty badly cut, but from the top you can''t see much of a difference. He said I could get them switched out but I think it is so romantic so no way!

Here are a few more pics. It sits a bit high so I might get it set lower, but that is it! I love it!

Sapphire Band 002.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
More!

Sapphire Band 003.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And this is what made me even happier to have gone with 2 wedding bands...

Sapphire Band 004.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo!

Sapphire Band 005.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Last one that shows how high it sits- not a huge problem but I think it will be more comfortable a bit lower...

Sapphire Band 007.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I just luuurve it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Especially paired with the other bands! Just Yummy!
18.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:18:37 PM
Author: October2008bride
And this is what made me even happier to have gone with 2 wedding bands...

I
30.gif
your set with the two bands! So yummy.

Congrats on getting married and receiving this lovely sentimental gift from your DH. I love the fact that he recycled sapphires from a band he gave you when you were dating!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! What a romantic gift!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful.

I love the look of it wedged between the two wedding bands. Just stunning.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so adorably sweet! Love the band!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty ring and the sentiment behind the stones makes it an unbelievably gorgeous ring!
9.gif
I love it with your two wedding bands - that look just rocks!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely. You have a wonderful husband!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:25:58 PM
Author: mia1181
OMG! I just luuurve it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Especially paired with the other bands! Just Yummy!
18.gif
Thanks Mia!! I love it like that too - I think I will stick to wearing the bands with the ering for the first bit just because I am starting work and know people will ask to see the set but I''m pretty sure that I will stack them on the right hand with the sapphire band after a while :)

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:16:50 PM
Author: Linda W
It''s beautiful OB, and it looks lovely on your hand. What a sweet hubby you have, very thoughtful.
Thanks Linda! I was so thrilled to receive it and even moreso when he told me the sentiment behind it.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:29:11 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I''m jealous, its beautiful!!!!!!
Thanks SDL! It would look nice with your beautiful 3 stone eh? Maybe you should get one! haha this site can be evil eh?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks also to Claritek, chiquitapet, merrymunkey, neatfreak, laurel25 and maisie! When I received it, I thought "I can''t wait to show Pricescopers!!" haha

It is a disease.

Funny story - on the way back from Bali, DH and I went to Hong Kong for 2 days and went to a swanky hotel called the Penninsula to walk around. It is FILLED with every fancy jewellery store - I''m talking Tiffany & Co, Harry Winston, Graff, etc.

When I was infront of Graff, I saw the most incredible display of diamonds I have EVER seen (yep - it beat Las Vegas windows for sure!). I''m talking 3 yellow diamonds each over 15 carats, and a necklace with pear diamonds going around it that ranged from probably 3-6 carats with a drop pear of around 20 carats.

As I was blinded, my DH turned to me and said "you JUST missed Owen Wilson!!" (the actor) - I was so blinded by bling that I missed my first ever encounter with a celeb. haha.

I barely cared. I turned back to the window and sighed. haha

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet hubby! Love the band!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
fabulous band and awesome you have so many ways to wear it. Funny about your near miss with celebrity!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
lovely band! and the meaning is so adorable - dating to eternity! bravo! many congrats!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
Love your ring! I am a big fan of diamond and sapphire eternity ring!
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute ring. . . love it with the eternity bands!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your wedding and your beautiful gift! I especially love them stacked together!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW.....what a special ring.....love it!!!

Lori

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love it, October!!!!! Its really gorgeous, and how special that your hubs used some of the old sapphires from the ring he gave you yrs ago....Its also awesome how you can stack it, wear it in different ways, etc. Enjoy it!!!
36.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh thanks everyone! I love it!!

And for those of you who remember my drama about picking a wedding band (I originally had a shared prong diamond eternity band to wear on my right hand), man am I EVER glad I didn''t do that! Because if I did, I''d have no fingers left for this little pretty!!!

If the sun comes out today, I will post more pics!

Oh and Dani - did you ever get an eternity band yet (shared prong)??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results