shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my AGS0 sparkly from James Allen

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I recently posted a thread asking PS'ers to guess my diamond size to see what everyone thought. Here are more photos of this diamond that SO got for an amazing deal at James Allen. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who is interested in getting a diamond or ering. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and provided me with all of the information that I asked for.

So...the stats:

AGS0 H&A
Light Performance: Ideal/0
Polish: Ideal/0
Symmetry: Ideal/0

.817 carat
VS2 clarity
J color
Finger size 2.5 (probably closer to 2.25 or even 2, since my promise ring is a bit loose)

I love it so much! This diamond has amazing sparkle in any lighting condition. It's very difficult to capture the sparkle and the arrows with my camera...I think I have to play with the camera settings a little bit.

The setting in the photos is not really a setting, it's just one of those fake mounts. SO and I are still deciding which setting to get, although we are probably going to pick Sally's lotus setting.

sparklie1656.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I have to hold my fingers together in the photos because the fake setting is so much bigger than my finger that it would just slip down.

sparklie1655.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
From a different angle.

sparklie1650.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Indoors. I finally got good lighting instead of that yellowish/orange glow in the photos from the "how big does this look" thread!

sparklie1671.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Another.

sparklie1667.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
You can kind of see the arrows in this one. They''re so hard to capture!

sparklie1651.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Last one until I get it set!!

sparklie1665.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice diamond and tiny fingers.

I guessed .80... I was really close! It looks great too :)

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I guessed close!!! It looks great on you!!! I can''t wait to see pictures when it''s set!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful! Congratulations....congratulations on the small fingers too!!! Wish I had them!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and I love your diamond! I wish one I had smaller fingers like yours and two that I wasn''t color sensitive.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh size 2.5??? it''s really hard to tell from photos, sorry that I guessed your fingers were a size 4.5-5!!! they don''t look big at all but it''s hard to gauge

also the diamond is gorgeous, congratulations!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! and you lucky gal to have such tiny fingers! the diamond looks gorgeous and huge on you!

i have a friend who wears size 2.5 as well and her e-ring is a 1.25. omg does that thing look huge on her fingers! from every single angle! it looks way past 2ct on her tiny finger.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
lovely! :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
I''m suprised! Thinking a .80 ct in a 2.5 size would look bigggggggg but it''s perfect!
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s STUNNING, SparklyRing!!
30.gif
And so timely that you should post this, I''m considering a J colour from JA, and was a bit uncertain about the colour... your sparkler has me confident it would look amazing!! Thanks for posting!
35.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Luckyeshe - I've been in contact with Sally about a lotus setting for this diamond and she's been super nice and helpful. The time until production is an estimated 7 weeks, plus another 2 weeks for delivery. I'm dying of impatience, but I promise I will post pics once it's set... in another 2 months or so.

slg47 - No worries! It's very hard to tell finger size from photos. I was just curious about how the diamond looks.
1.gif

stci - At first, I wanted something closer to a carat, but after seeing how humongous a 1ct was on my finger, I opted for the high .70 to low .80 range. I still think it looks larger than what I'd prefer, but I'm getting used to it.
2.gif

DandiAndi - You should call JA (if you haven't already done so) and speak to their gemologist about the color of the diamond if it concerns you. I was also a bit hesitant about a J until I called them and he assured me that it looks very white and bright. These photos don't do the diamond justice (I really need to figure out my camera settings). It actually looks a lot whiter and brighter in real life than in the photos I posted. Even when I put it face down against a white background, I still can't see any color at all!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely on your itty bitty finger!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It''s unbelievably gorgeous and looks huge on your tiny finger! It''s going to look amazing in Sally''s Lotus setting. I didn''t actually vote in your other thread, but not knowing your ring size I initially thought the diamond was around 1.25 carats or so. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results